TDT

All Star
Daps
If you haven't played in a while, there's some really good content to experience. The future of the game is a bit iffy, though.
Bungie is currently busy with Marathon(in name only.. turned my favorite game from the 90s into a extraction shooter smh)

As for D2 they said that there will be another "saga" down the line,just that the Light & Darkness storyline has ended

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Bungie is currently busy with Marathon(in name only.. turned my favorite game from the 90s into a extraction shooter smh)

As for D2 they said that there will be another "saga" down the line,just that the Light & Darkness storyline has ended
I know what they said, I don't necessarily believe them anymore, especially with the SIE takeover.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I know what they said, I don't necessarily believe them anymore, especially with the SIE takeover.
destiny has been 'dying' for over a decade lol.... all this restructuring should've literally happened back when they left activision if anything. they just compounded issues by sipping koolaid internally and overhiring at literally every position

on top of that - these content creators literally can't admit that every expansion has objectively been too large and unsustainable since shadowkeep. europa is barely used, lightfall is dead space everywhere, the pale heart is already barren. most of the shyt they're making no one touches but once - if that.

trimming away even 60% of those spaces is a win for developers, players, and people cutting checks. but games journalism is basically sensationalist crowdspeak so that's all people know how to react to.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
destiny has been 'dying' for over a decade lol.... all this restructuring should've literally happened back when they left activision if anything. they just compounded issues by sipping koolaid internally and overhiring at literally every position

on top of that - these content creators literally can't admit that every expansion has objectively been too large and unsustainable since shadowkeep. europa is barely used, lightfall is dead space everywhere, the pale heart is already barren. most of the shyt they're making no one touches but once - if that.

trimming away even 60% of those spaces is a win for developers, players, and people cutting checks. but games journalism is basically sensationalist crowdspeak so that's all people know how to react to.
Bungie is gonna reycle no matter what. What they're doing with Nessus isn't bad. The Pale Heart is their fault for not making it public. And probably forsome BS reason like it made Exotic Classfarming and Overloads wild easy.

Despite how good TFS is, they keep tripping on their own feet. I'm on "I'll believe it when I see it" for the foreseeable future.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bungie is gonna reycle no matter what. What they're doing with Nessus isn't bad. The Pale Heart is their fault for not making it public. And probably forsome BS reason like it made Exotic Classfarming and Overloads wild easy.

Despite how good TFS is, they keep tripping on their own feet. I'm on "I'll believe it when I see it" for the foreseeable future.
long post but w/e...

look at europa and beyond light specifically - how much of that content is actually continuously used, built upon, or actively repurposed elsewhere?

all that production and dev cost simply does not get the same return that a low effort/high refresh/constant monetization update model does. lightfall literally has multiple arena or stadium-like areas that have yet to see any kind of use beyond patrol zone+ ideas that lost their return back in the taken king dreadnaught days.

there's entire campaign sequences, voiced and set-pieces included, that are essentially one time use. while they have a separate team try to stretch and reformat just strikes/batlegrounds specifically. its incoherent and bungie was in the business of happily creating perpetual *waste*. bringing up nessus is actually funny because bungie/activision knew the opening planets always had to be foundational set pieces going forward too.

specifically - 'recycled bungie content' is one of the most hilariously misused statements on the internet fr.... in other games you simply go into a menu and raise the world level :dead: instant content. and destiny players are so assbackwards that they'd celebrate a nightfall mode equivalent of the EDZ

either way as a *business*, these are all things that not only need to be fixed - but there are solutions around the industry already available that bungie has already been forced to adopt with SIE lol.... and that's the problem with games journalism compared to any other business' journalism.