Deontay Wilder gets knocked the fukk out again

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Wilder was a poor boxer in the sense of his technique he got by on just being a good power puncher.
He wasn't even that though. He had 1 good punch and offered no other skill in boxing. Being a power punched usually means you can lay dudes down with multiple types of shots, that nikka had a elongated right hook that wasn't fast or used in a skilled way.

He's been getting his ass whooped for whole fights and landed one of his right hooks and won them. The fukk nikka has always been an awful fighter. I could name 50 heavyweights who are/have been better without hesitation. That nikka sucks.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
lacks boxing instincts.

hands up to protect self.
go down on knee and take the count.
hold on.
avoid close exchanges with shorty-arms.

man had options .

:hubie:
Even his ring movement is ass. Buddy stayed getting slow walked into a corner because Zheng knew the easiest way to negate a reach advantage:dead:

Deontay didn't even attempt to not be walked into the corner:mjlol:

Edit: And Wilder telegraphed the hell out of that jab. Mans even drew it back:laff:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I always wanted him to work with a more offensive coach. Someone like Freddie Roach who'd utilize his advantage in speed, quickness and athleticism. Think of a Pacquiao with one hit power: using angles and detonating on an overwhelmed opponent that's simply too slow to do anything about it. I don't think a single fighter would've stood a chance this generation against that. Even if someone were a better defensive boxer, Deontay would've consistently landed that one shot they didn't see coming.

Turning Deontay into an offensive fighter who knows what they're doing and goes for the knockout rather than a defensive fighter would've been incredible honestly and would've picked that up much easier and more natural. That guys's simply so much quicker than everybody at that weight, turn that foot speed into footwork. I think dude could have gone undefeated.

People have so much bias for tall heavyweights with power that they want to turn them all into Lennox Lewis rather than maybe a taller offensive Mike Tyson who wouldn't really need stellar defense like that cuz they would've feinted and swarmed everyone they fought.

Last edited: