Denzel becomes most nominated African American in Oscar History.....

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jamie Foxx won for Ray and Collateral.

You're right he got an Oscar for Ray (one of the very few genuinely positive black roles in Hollywood). He was only nominated for Collateral.

That's the exception not the rule though.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
oscars dont work that way its joaqin phoenix's year

Nope, Phoenix sh!tted on the Academy. They gave him the nod cause they had to. Daniel Day and Denzel have more respect. No "I'm Sorry" Oscars for Best Actor. It's going to be Daniel or Denzel but it's mostly likely going to be Daniel cause he doesn't make movies but once every 3 or 4 years. As for the Oscars only nominating or awarding horrible human beings for Blacks.

Well it's true. Sure there are tons of Whites who won playing horrible human beings but they've also won for heroic portrayals. Denzel has won playing a freed slave in the civil war and a dirty a$$ cop. He's had way more uplifting roles but they didn't want to award that. Even though in "Flight" he's a dark character, I think it has a lot of redemption aspects to it so it makes it an uplifting role even though you hated the character through the movie.

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree, "Training Day" was nothing more than an "I'm sorry" Oscar. "Hurricane" he lost to Kevin Spacy for "American Beauty" which I don't know If I could say Kevin gave a better performance than Denzel. The biggest reason Denzel lost "Malcolm X" besides the fact they didn't want a Black Icon like Malcolm X movie validated was cause the Academy owed Pacino something heavy. "Scent of a Woman" was his 9th Oscar Nomination that means they nominated him 8 times and he lost. I still don't know how Pacino lost for "The Godfather II" even Deniro got an Oscar. The Oscars are really funny, they seem to never give someone the award for their best work. I think only Tom Hanks they did that for giving him back to back Oscars for Philadelphia and Forrest Gump. Speaking of Philadelphia, why didn't Denzel get a nomination? He went toe to toe with Tom:

220px-Philadelphia_imp.jpg

Man the Training day Oscar was won at Liquor license...

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Now I know we all have love for Denzel but he's career hasn't been perfect. Early in his career he had a few weak parts before he was able to shine:

220px-Carbon_Copy_poster.JPG

220px-Heart_condition_movie.jpg

Also here's some trivia for you. Denzel 1st on screen role was uncredited in the Classic:

220px-Death_wish_movie_poster.jpg

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It's all good. Daniel Day rarely does movies and he did give a great performance in "Lincoln" so he took the Golden Globe and he'll probably win the Oscar too. But Denzel got another nod under his belt. Denzel will win a 3rd Oscar and Golden Globe before he retires. Regardless, "Flight" was an amazing performance, everyone should check it out. As far as the Golden Globes, here's Denzel's wins and Nominations:

Cry Freedom: Best Supporting Actor (Nomination)
Glory: Best Supporting Actor (Win)
Malcolm X: Best Actor (Nomination)
The Hurricane: Best Actor (Win)
Training Day: Best Actor (Nomination)
American Gangster: Best Actor (Nomination)
Flight: Best Actor (Nomination)

So he's been nominated for 7 Golden Globes and won 2 Awards.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Underrated Denzel Films:

220px-Ricochet_ver2.jpg

One of his most slept on performances.

220px-Virtuosity_ver2.jpg

Before Russell Crowe blew up, he played the bad guy in this Film against Denzel. Hugely slept on movie that has aged better than it was received. They would work together again on "American Gangster".

the-siege-poster-524878.jpg

Him and Bruce Willis got toe to toe with this terrorism Film.

503322.jpg

This movie was an interesting role for Denzel and an interesting movie.

220px-Bone_collector_poster.jpg

Critics hated on it but it was better than it got reviews for.

220px-John_Q_film_poster.jpg

Another Badly reviewed Film. What were the critics thinking. Denzel killed this performance.

220px-The_Manchurian_Candidate_poster.jpg

Dope movie, went toe to toe with Streep.