Denzel becomes most nominated African American in Oscar History.....

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Obviously it wasn't the type of movie to get appreciation from the Academy but Denzel deserved an Oscar (and a nomination) for He Got Game. To me, outside of Malcolm X, that was his best work.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Obviously it wasn't the type of movie to get appreciation from the Academy but Denzel deserved an Oscar (and a nomination) for He Got Game. To me, outside of Malcolm X, that was his best work.

No he killed it in "He Got Game" but again the Academy hates on Spike so he wasn't going to get a nod for that. In my opinion he was really only robbed for "The Hurricane" and "Malcolm X". I thought he was great in "American Gangster" but I don't know about Oscar. But I loved "He Got Game", dope film. Spike's movies always have this strong grounding in reality. You really felt like that story in "He Got Game" could of really happen. With that said, believe it or not "He got Game" got great reviews from critics:

220px-He_got_game_poster.jpg

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's probably not gonna win this. He did a great job but I can't remember a more standard character winning the award in recent memory. Maybe dude from Crazy Heart but that's about it. Usually the more extreme and atypical characters end up winning.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Holy shyt I saw Lincoln blind and kept wondering who the actor was. I'm like this can't be a newb hes got the aura / talent of a star. now I found out ut was ddl this whole time :wow:

Of course he's going to win politically esp a patriotic country like this one currently seeking bipartisan.

Don cheadle needs a new agent. a cal arts honor student doing ironman? Then again I hear he has a corky side might have been filling a child hood dream :manny:

Jack nix been in the game long hes basically the godfather of intense acting that transitions from the shallow perky 50s style to the coke fueled intense acting. Al Pac is a part of that club too.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Academy Awards are racist as fukk. Only way you can win an Oscar is to c00n out or play a thug.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I read that like :krs: then double checked IMDB and he was only nominated for Collateral

Oh shyt, you're right, my bad.

That actually destroyed my entire response. Ray is just the exception to the rule that only c00ns/thugs win Academy Awards. :sadcam:

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
Oh shyt, you're right, my bad.

That actually destroyed my entire response. Ray is just the exception to the rule that only c00ns/thugs win Academy Awards. :sadcam:

My bad breh. I'm surprised Samuel's :stylin: in Django didn't get him a nomination. Now we can throw in drunk/drug addled characters to c00ns/thugs. :sadcam: