PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I think hes speaking in general bruh. If I had lost a child to kidnapping I sure as hell wouldn't be watching a movie about kids being kidnapped. Actually I hate most movies that focus on a child's suffering.

Obviously a movie like Arrival gave no indication a child dying from cancer would be included in the plot but I understand dudes perspective and agree that his movies fall a little flat when he tries to shoehorn that into the story or convey it the way he did.
Everyone’s entitled to their opinion I’ve seen the critique before so it must be true for alot of people but I definitely found arrival to be pretty emotional and prisoners, my aunt was kidnapped and murdered when I was young and Hugh jackman fukking nailed the pain and emotions a survivor goes through. They’re more clinical directors like fincher but I never had a problem emotionally connecting with their films

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Many call Fury Road the greatest action film of all time... would you agree with that or not

On a technical level it might be. Wouldn't be my personal favorite action film but the scale of the action sequences are very impressive.

I think Fury Road, MI Ghost Protocol & Fallout and Skyfall are the best action films of the last decade

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Everyone’s entitled to their opinion I’ve seen the critique before so it must be true for alot of people but I definitely found arrival to be pretty emotional and prisoners, my aunt was kidnapped and murdered when I was young and Hugh jackman fukking nailed the pain and emotions a survivor goes through. They’re more clinical directors like fincher but I never had a problem emotionally connecting with their films

In terms of emotion I think Villenue is better than Nolan and overall I think he is a better filmmaker than Nolan. I think Villenue has a bit more depth.

I don't think Nolan deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Fincher. Fincher might be cold and clinical, but his films also have a life and humour to them that Nolan's films don't have. Emotion doesn't just mean sadness or introspection, it also means humour and romance.

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
In terms of emotion I think Villenue is better than Nolan and overall I think he is a better filmmaker than Nolan. I think Villenue has a bit more depth.

I don't think Nolan deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Fincher. Fincher might be cold and clinical, but his films also have a life and humour to them that Nolan's films don't have. Emotion doesn't just mean sadness or introspection, it also means humour and romance.
You have to remember that Nolan is very much a “big ideas” filmmaker he cares more for the mechanics of a story/plot/universe then the characterization and emotions of its subjects which are secondary to him. Some mind find this style bad but it’s clearly a deliberate decision on his part

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
On a technical level it might be. Wouldn't be my personal favorite action film but the scale of the action sequences are very impressive.

I think Fury Road, MI Ghost Protocol & Fallout and Skyfall are the best action films of the last decade

Basically this.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

What about John Wick 1? :jbhmm:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

The sleeper starting to toss and turn in that still tent...

e0rakeq4r4921.png