Den of Thieves (Official Thread)

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I saw it but didn't really like it. I guess I expected there to be way more action that what we got. The gunfights were pretty cool though.

I was more a "crime" film with occasional action. Butler's acting was a over the top for me.

Seeing as there isn't really anything in theatres and I used one of my free movie passes then the movie was alright.

It's nice to go see a movie on the big screen every now and then. A nice switch from the standard Netflix on my home TV.

But that Sicario 2 though :wow:

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
shyt was Fire!

Diversity of the cast alone was dope. Nice LA mix. Some UFC fighters in the mix too.

Sound effects was dope, gun maneuvers on point.

I worked at the Fed and they were correct with the man traps and armored cars but truth be told security ain’t even that tight there. They carry pistols and there aren’t dozens of guards, they rely on the technology to secure the building more than manpower.

What was the deal with Big Nick banging Merrimans girl at his crib and leaving the gun on the table? He wanted Merriman to kill him? I know merriman’s girl got the phone number for him but that whole scene wasn’t clear.

50 cent garage scene was dope. Loved that.

Den of thieves was actually the bar dude worked at. Like how they fleshed out the title of the flick.

Black cop was a good character. He was steady helped focus Big Nick.

I always want the bad guys to win in bank heists. Nosy ass cops piss me off.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Ok brehs, I have 3 movies I can see today, only choosing one. Which should I watch for those whom seen multiple...

Den of Thieves
Commuter
12 Strong

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shyt was Fire!

Diversity of the cast alone was dope. Nice LA mix. Some UFC fighters in the mix too.

Sound effects was dope, gun maneuvers on point.

I worked at the Fed and they were correct with the man traps and armored cars but truth be told security ain’t even that tight there. They carry pistols and there aren’t dozens of guards, they rely on the technology to secure the building more than manpower.

What was the deal with Big Nick banging Merrimans girl at his crib and leaving the gun on the table? He wanted Merriman to kill him? I know merriman’s girl got the phone number for him but that whole scene wasn’t clear.

50 cent garage scene was dope. Loved that.

Den of thieves was actually the bar dude worked at. Like how they fleshed out the title of the flick.

Black cop was a good character. He was steady helped focus Big Nick.

I always want the bad guys to win in bank heists. Nosy ass cops piss me off.
he wanted Merriman to reach for the gun so if they got into a fight and he killed him he can say he reached for his gun

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Super dumb. I can suspend disbelief to an extent, but this script is endlessly stupid.

After the first gunfight...

"Where did he take those rounds?"
"In the femoral artery...he's gone."

Who the fukk has ever said that? :dead:

So many times the characters just outright said the most comically expository dialog. Never mind the numerous scenes we get humanizing the characters that ultimately have no impact on the characters actions.

Entertaining enough for a B-movie I guess. I wish Butler's character wouldn't have dropped the over the top act midway thru the film tho. It was the best part lol

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My boy told me the shootout scene at the end was as good/better than Heat. This really that good? I don't really trust 50 cent :ld: