Demona was crazy but Goliath was a sellout

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Exactly, if they start beef alone they better be sure to kill everyone that night or they are done by sunrise.

They need alliances to keep them safe during the day.

Even when Demona was by her lonesome and at war during the day (City of Stone), every time her enemies found where they slept, her numbers dwindled.

And like I said earlier, Goliath wasn't too trusting of the humans. They didn't even know about the rookery.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I never knew that there was a proposed spin-off show for Brooklyn called "TimeDancer" where he uses the Phoenix Gate:ohhh: Damn that shyt woulda been fire cuz Brooklyn was my favorite of the young gargoyles:wow:

*Note these aren't actually official artwork

c050fe2dd1945c4101ca6097555238ae.jpg

d6z1x0-f7b83b61-9c26-4748-baaa-f6779112b093.jpg

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It's crazy if B:TAS didn't exist we would not have gotten this show which was great in it's own right. The show told a hell of a story for being only 3 seasons. Even as an adult this show was well written. Even the villians weren't really evil, they just had different motivations.

Basically, "Gargoyles" was the last-ditch effort when The Disney Afternoon was getting slaughtered in ratings after B: TAS knocked down the buildings the Fall of 1992. After that show came out, everyone was forced to step up their storytelling and maturity levels in cartoons, and the typical cartoony-cartoon was left in the dust.

Gargoyles was the response that Disney can keep up with Warner Bros. in mature, advanced storytelling.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I never knew that there was a proposed spin-off show for Brooklyn called "Timedancer" where he uses the Phoenix Gate:ohhh: Damn that shyt woulda been fire cuz Brooklyn was my favorite of the young gargoyles:wow:

There were several. Pendragon with King Arthur & Griff. Bad Guys as a team of Dingo & the Matrix, Robyn Canmore, Yama and Fang as mercs, the young Hudson one I mentioned, Gargoyles 2199 that coincided with the Brooklyn Timedancer adventures

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
There were several. Pendragon with King Arthur & Griff. Bad Guys as a team of Dingo & the Matrix, Robyn Canmore, Yama and Fang as mercs, the young Hudson one I mentioned, Gargoyles 2199 that coincided with the Brooklyn Timedancer adventures
Yea I knew about some of those but not all of em

Damn I wish Diney brought em back

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Even when Demona was by her lonesome and at war during the day (City of Stone), every time her enemies found where they slept, her numbers dwindled.

And like I said earlier, Goliath wasn't too trusting of the humans. They didn't even know about the rookery.

Goliath only mentioned the rookery and the unhatched Gargoyle Eggs to The Magus and Princesd Catherine AFTER the Castle Wyvern massacre :ohhh:

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
I never knew that there was a proposed spin-off show for Brooklyn called "TimeDancer" where he uses the Phoenix Gate:ohhh: Damn that shyt woulda been fire cuz Brooklyn was my favorite of the young gargoyles:wow:

Brooklyn was next in line to be the leader. This looks dope

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Basically, "Gargoyles" was the last-ditch effort when The Disney Afternoon was getting slaughtered in ratings after B: TAS knocked down the buildings the Fall of 1992. After that show came out, everyone was forced to step up their storytelling and maturity levels in cartoons, and the typical cartoony-cartoon was left in the dust.

Gargoyles was the response that Disney can keep up with Warner Bros. in mature, advanced storytelling.
Wish mature story telling would come back

They keep making shytty cartoons like Transformers Cyberverse under the guise of its for kids

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
:dwillhuh: that's news to me but I can see the resemblance now. Since Angela chose Broadway as her mate that means Hudson and Goliath will share grandchildren. That's dope
shyt blew my mind:mindblown:

Broadway | Grimorum | Fandom

• According to Greg Weisman, Broadway is Hudson's biological son, though neither of them are aware of this, nor likely would they consider that fact significant (in Gargoyle culture, all clan members are viewed as parents).
  • Also according to Greg Weisman, Broadway had an elder sister, referred to as Hyppolyta. Both she and their mother died prior to the Wyvern Massacre.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Gargoyles is the pinnacle of The Disney Afternoon. One of the greatest cartoons of all time. Top 5 at least. Fight me. The storylines and attention to continuity is superb. My favorite storylines:

the Hunters Legacy where they show how Demona was being hunted by the same family for hundreds of years.

when Xanatos and Fox had their baby and big homie Oberon came through to claim the child and take him back to Avalon

Anytime thailog was on screen

as for Goliath, he wasn’t a sell out per say. He was smart and learned how to navigate the new world he found himself in. As the series progress he became a great leader and opened up and even surprised Demona who knew him like the back of her wings. Gotta re watch