Democrats purposing 2k per person every month.Suspending Mortgage/credit card etc payments

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This ain't passing

Remember this is America jack

NaturalNaiveLeonberger-size_restricted.gif

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I mean it sounds good and cut the check but where the fukk is the money coming from :mjtf:

Especially with everything stoping :patrice:

if u goto ya nearest shell exxon etc to get gas and u see
23e39d0a7024e15beb0108ec8ba25323.jpg

on the ground in between the pump and the trash cans..you gone question where it came from or take it??
HonorableAngryGartersnake-size_restricted.gif

Nobu

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I mean it sounds good and cut the check but where the fukk is the money coming from :mjtf:

Like with a lot of government spending, it comes from nowhere. Just print more money.

The US follows an economic theory called "Modern Monetary Theory", which basically says that government deficits and debts aren't inherently bad, since the government can always just print more money to make payments on its debts

The only concern is not causing hyperinflation, but in certain instances you can print a lot of money without necessarily causing hyperinflation. Hyperinflation needs 2 things to happen, 1. fast growth in the money supply AND 2. a "high velocity of money", people are exchanging money very often. Thus, it's possible to quickly increase the money supply (e.g. by spending out of thin air like this) without necessarily causing hyperinflation, by doing it when there is a "low velocity of money", which there will be in a rough time like this.

That's just my basic intro macroeconomics understanding. I'll have to watch some YouTube videos on the Modern Monetary Theory witchcraft now to understand it more. Indubitably
full

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps

Exactly. Who's paying who? It doesn't even make sense. The basis of giving money was so people could pay bills, but if those are being suspended what are we doing?

As you can see with these corporate bailouts, money is of no object to the federal government

This is more or less a consumer bailout