Demetria Obilor knew exactly what she was doing this episode.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Yep. Some white woman tweeted about how inappropriate she looked because of her curves. Everyone thought she would have used that as a springboard to a National gig, but she went to Vegas and essentially “crashed out”.
People try to use the business to gain some popularity for themselves which is fine. I think she oversold, like we knew she was fine BEFORE that white women wrote the letter about her and it went viral. She thought that was going to blow her up and pretty much make her a household name. She got that temporary blow up and is seeming to still be trying to blow up with it. She got so many shows or other forms of content and it’s hard to keep up. Honestly I think she’d be better off with a traffic reporter or some job in a major market newsroom or network but she wants to do her own thing and that’s ok.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
People try to use the business to gain some popularity for themselves which is fine. I think she oversold, like we knew she was fine BEFORE that white women wrote the letter about her and it went viral. She thought that was going to blow her up and pretty much make her a household name. She got that temporary blow up and is seeming to still be trying to blow up with it. She got so many shows or other forms of content and it’s hard to keep up. Honestly I think she’d be better off with a traffic reporter or some job in a major market newsroom or network but she wants to do her own thing and that’s ok.
Same here. I thought she would have been great on a station like KTLA. She could have done the traffic thing and been able to dabble here and there on the entertainment side. I honestly think that if she had done a more neutral podcast she would have been better off. I think it hurt her brand quite a bit.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
I don’t know which way she leans politically but she could have really used that initial fame to be a news anchor for one of the major networks. Since she biracial she could go either way. That would have made way more sense than what she doing now.

Daps
It's wild how she seems to just be aimlessly bumbling from pointless projects to silly gigs for what seems like decades now.

I only ever hear about her latest shenanigans maybe twice a year on some Coli thread. I almost feel bad. She needs a manager.

I forgot how this even started. Wasn't she like a weather woman who went viral?
She came from Vegas (?) and moved to the most popular station in Dallas, WFAA-Channel 8....working as a traffic girl.

The breh Greg Fields has been holding it down with the morning weather but the station wanted more "ethnic-ness" so they grabbed Demetria. She was the talk of the town because every morning it looked like she wore her clubbin clothes to work. Azz and titties just bouncing. Old white ladies started calling the station, complaining about her outfits. Men of all races were never so happy to see the traffic report since Tammy Dombeck and her tig ols.

Then....a 100% sista Tashara Parker came on the scene doing news. TP understands how to be fashionable but professional at the same time. Demetria had pissed off some station heads. Instead of getting something lined up, she bounced.

Problem for her = too big of a personality for a small market station but unwilling to "play ball" at a big market station. Success in Dallas can launch you to CNN, MSNBC etc.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know which way she leans politically but she could have really used that initial fame to be a news anchor for one of the major networks. Since she biracial she could go either way. That would have made way more sense than what she doing now.

I can't believe her viral moment was 7 years ago...She should at least be co-anchoring somewhere.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
She came from Vegas (?) and moved to the most popular station in Dallas, WFAA-Channel 8....working as a traffic girl.

The breh Greg Fields has been holding it down with the morning weather but the station wanted more "ethnic-ness" so they grabbed Demetria. She was the talk of the town because every morning it looked like she wore her clubbin clothes to work. Azz and titties just bouncing. Old white ladies started calling the station, complaining about her outfits. Men of all races were never so happy to see the traffic report since Tammy Dombeck and her tig ols.

Then....a 100% sista Tashara Parker came on the scene doing news. TP understands how to be fashionable but professional at the same time. Demetria had pissed off some station heads. Instead of getting something lined up, she bounced.

Problem for her = too big of a personality for a small market station but unwilling to "play ball" at a big market station. Success in Dallas can launch you to CNN, MSNBC etc.
Especially that station. Love Tashara too btw.

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps

So basically she's a fukking headache

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
It's wild how she seems to just be aimlessly bumbling from pointless projects to silly gigs for what seems like decades now.

I only ever hear about her latest shenanigans maybe twice a year on some Coli thread. I almost feel bad. She needs a manager.

I forgot how this even started. Wasn't she like a weather woman who went viral?
Yeah she went viral cause she shared some message she got about someone complaining how she was dressing on the news when she was in Dallas. She was dressing like a straight up IG thot though :mjlol:

She then flipped that to "this is the type of stuff black women have to deal with"...while you know...her mother is white :mjlol:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Screenshot-2024-07-18-at-11-05-20.png

:leon: