Delta Flight Captain checks Black woman for wearing a "F word" hat

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Its likely in some code of conduct handbook that nobody reads and enforcement of the policy may vary as well.

Security is likely checking for weapons, illegal contraband, and making sure people are who they say they are and not necessarily the writing on clothing.

Also she could have put the hat on after she boarded the plane as well.
There's the answer maybe a milion white boys got a pass before he Big Bro'ed this chick

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
So the shooting of Sister Sonya Massey was justified because it's essentially the same thing. the white boy felt dissed so I guess he did what he had to do,
Don't disrespect her life by comparing the two, you piece of trash.

1. Chastising someone isn't in the same ballpark as shooting them.

2. Sonia Massey was in her home and called the police because she was distressed. This is not the same as someone going on a plane and displaying anti-sociable behaviour.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Don't disrespect her life by comparing the two, you piece of trash.

1. Chastising someone isn't in the same ballpark as shooting them.

2. Sonia Massey was in her home and called the police because she was distressed. This is not the same as someone going on a plane and displaying anti-sociable behaviour.
You you express your disagreement without dissing me?

the problem here if we must both sides it was both parties was too emotional You could argue that maybe she should've just supplicated and shut up to the white guy but he didn't have to literally wag his finger either.

But it is similar to the Massey assassination in the sense that both cacs felt disrespected and the answer seems to be to bow and scrape harder

For example it would be like a cop telling a Black Man to Move along and the Black Man while walking away saying You're bytch ass aint shyt without a badge

No matter the emotional response that doesn't give the Officer Overseer the right to shoot because he subject is complying just not showing deference

See How I just expressed y point without getting emotional or calling you names

because I could've said It sounds like you're advocating that Black Men walk in the street when I white dude walks on the sidewalk and people who advocate for that are called what they usually call Candance Owens.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
it was unnecessary what he did and over-the-top and violation of freedom of speech as it also entails clothing as expression. i'm sure there's no code about written profanity on clothing in their handbook, he just wanted to take it that way and abuse his authority to get his personal preference.

for him to make his way back there and spend time beefing with her, he must have been particularly confident that day...

...he'd prefer the quiet, unseen, black woman on his flight

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yo I’m gonna put yall on some real game.. anytime yall fly aways remember the flight crew got the last say on wether you on that plane or not.. They really don’t need a reason to kick you off the plane all they can say is they don’t feel comfortable with you there or whatever reason they come up with especially if you are arguing or whatever.. If they say they want you off the plane the cops taking you off end of discussion

And some of these pilots are lowkey racist.. I remember back in 2016 during the run up to the election I was listening to the ground radio and one of the pilots got on the air and said “make America great again” this was after Hillary’s aircraft had landed and was directed with taxiway to exit at.. One of the air traffic controllers responded and say to that particular pilot that he might want to show some decorum on the radio as his radio number and aircraft is easily identifiable on their end and that he can easily get a phone call with some bad news lol

Pilot apologize immediately smh
They can remove you from the plane, but you can win in the end, get money and get their job. See what Terrell Davis did (but he didn't go after monetary settlements, I think).

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
You you express your disagreement without dissing me?

the problem here if we must both sides it was both parties was too emotional You could argue that maybe she should've just supplicated and shut up to the white guy but he didn't have to literally wag his finger either.

But it is similar to the Massey assassination in the sense that both cacs felt disrespected and the answer seems to be to bow and scrape harder

For example it would be like a cop telling a Black Man to Move along and the Black Man while walking away saying You're bytch ass aint shyt without a badge

No matter the emotional response that doesn't give the Officer Overseer the right to shoot because he subject is complying just not showing deference

See How I just expressed y point without getting emotional or calling you names

because I could've said It sounds like you're advocating that Black Men walk in the street when I white dude walks on the sidewalk and people who advocate for that are called what they usually call Candance Owens.
In this situation, no.

Why the fukk am I going to be docile when someone is trivialising the tragic loss of a black woman?

Explain to me how someone getting chastised for wearing an inappropriate cap on plane is comparable to someone getting gunned down after a distress call.

If I was the pilot, I would have told her to get off the plane. As a society we like to bytch and moan about people behaving in an inconsiderate manner, but cry when people start taking steps to bring a sense of decorum back in day to day interactions.

They're going to be up in the air for a number of hours. I wouldn't want to be in that situation with someone unless I'm certain they're going to behave themselves.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
In this situation, no.

Why the fukk am I going to be docile when someone is trivialising the tragic loss of a black woman?

Explain to me how someone getting chastised for wearing an inappropriate cap on plane is comparable to someone getting gunned down after a distress call.

If I was the pilot, I would have told her to get off the plane. As a society we like to bytch and moan about people behaving in an inconsiderate manner, but cry when people start taking steps to bring a sense of decorum back in day to day interactions.

They're going to be up in the air for a number of hours. I wouldn't want to be in that situation with someone unless I'm certain they're going to behave themselves.
Lets not waste each other's time further

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
True but you lose out on lawsuits.

If homie was in the right she would be on the no fly list since he was likely wrong she gets a nice pay out and she flies first class free for life.

shyt starts with white folks wagging their fingers it escalates to them calling the cops o on/

Again it wasn't his place to hold up the plane for this that's a Flight attendant's job. But again it isn't as long as it isn't a safety violation they couldn't really say nothing

You could wear an I love Osama Bin Laden Shirt and they couldn't say anything.
What you mean by she miss out on suing? Like if she pushed the issue till he kicked her off she could sue but complying means she can’t? :jbhmm:

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I get how annoying it is but, she has no legal recourse and it's just not worth the battle.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
What you mean by she miss out on suing? Like if she pushed the issue till he kicked her off she could sue but complying means she can’t? :jbhmm:
Yes she complied but if she never said she understood and he kicked her off that would be a nice check for her and a lost job for him.

In these situations both parties could be looking for a reason.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I get how annoying it is but, she has no legal recourse and it's just not worth the battle.
It appeared that he had no legal recourse because if he did a cop would've arrested her and or he'd quote the law.

the overall point is too many Black people go off of I'm white and I say so

The main reason why you wouldn't want to do this with a cop is because they have a gun *with the qualified immunity to kill you*. that's literally the only reason. No Gun no need to be nice.

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yes she complied but if she never said she understood and he kicked her off that would be a nice check for her and a lost job for him.

In these situations both parties could be looking for a reason.
A check for what? Delta didn't violate any laws here. The pilot didn't even have to giver a chance to take it off before kicking her off.