Degrees that make woman get moist...

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It's actually more about experience and what professional projects you've completed. I.T. and software development are more about what have you done and how long you've been doing it.

Maybe 10yrs or so later, but getting recruited outta school, all those Silicon Valley companies are only recruiting at top notch institutions. Those software jobs are hard as fukk to get. I know google for sure says it wants candidates from top schools with top GPAs in their postings . I went to Stanford we run google and apple, I see clearly who gets this jobs. And software coding/engineering is not IT, IT is all about certs and experience, but IT is brought in on the back end and or to provide security patches, not in the same league as the actual coders/developers. The US has a shortage of top software engineers, I know dudes who went out on their own and have entrepreneurs and start ups bidding $200k+ for their services

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Again, this is where school matters, those companies are not hiring SW engineers from just any school.

And base does not mean starting, that's an average of base salaries across levels (exclusive of bonuses, benefits and other incentives)

You're wrong, breh.

In IT, skills >> education or name of school.

You got some nikkas in IT clocking well over 6 figures with a 2-year degree from a tech school.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
It's funny. I tell a chick I'm a Psychology Major with a Neuroscience minor and get a :ehh: She finds out I'm pre-med and applying to Med School in less than a year and it's :gladbron:

Pretty sure it has absolutely nothing to do with future earning potential. :dead:

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Maybe 10yrs or so later, but getting recruited outta school, all those Silicon Valley companies are only recruiting at top notch institutions. Those software jobs are hard as fukk to get. I know google for sure says it wants candidates from top schools with top GPAs in their postings . I went to Stanford we run google and apple, I see clearly who gets this jobs. And software coding/engineering is not IT, IT is all about certs and experience, but IT is brought in on the back end and or to provide security patches, not in the same league as the actual coders/developers. The US has a shortage of top software engineers, I know dudes who went out on their own and have entrepreneurs and start ups bidding $200k+ for their services

You are absolutely correct, especially about the bolded. I was referring mostly to the $90,000 and up salaries. Those are usually senior developers with projects under their belts or have the 10 yrs that you mentioned. I can't imagine a company paying an inexperienced college grad 6 figures out the gate (unless they wrote code for H.A.L. or something as a class project). Maybe $70,000 but I just can't see over $100,000.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
medical field, doesn't matter where you go to school.:smugfavre:

yep...one of my clients is an MD that went to an ivy league did her residency at Johns Hopkins etc etc...medical Director of pediatrics at a local well know children hospital here (known for being the best in the country actually)

another is an MD\surgeon that went to Baylor is also medical director now at another hospital....

both had to pay their dues at the end of the day and both make the about the same amount based on the 3-4+ million dollar homes they both have :ohlawd:
school makes a difference in the beginning i guess ...but drive and determination can match it in the end.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
yep...one of my clients is an MD that went to an ivy league did her residency at Johns Hopkins etc etc...medical Director of pediatrics at a local well know children hospital here (known for being the best in the country actually)

another is an MD\surgeon that went to Baylor is also medical director now at another hospital....

both had to pay their dues at the end of the day and both make the about the same amount based on the 3-4+ million dollar homes they both have :ohlawd:
school makes a difference in the beginning i guess ...but drive and determination can match it in the end.

Absolutely, I know md's that had to go to school in mexico:merchant: and are still caking big time.:whew: *goes back to studying*

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
It's funny. I tell a chick I'm a Psychology Major with a Neuroscience minor and get a :ehh: She finds out I'm pre-med and applying to Med School in less than a year and it's :gladbron:

Pretty sure it has absolutely nothing to do with future earning potential. :dead:
if "Neuroscience" didn't tip her off then she's a rat or an airhead. do better! :pachaha:

Username

The Fly (1836)
Daps
Reppin
MANHATTAN
Engineering? :laugh:

Please CC that memo to women.

School name has done more for me than my major.

Our engineering majors would be looked at as mid-tier if not for the university's name.