Defiance - What Terra Nova should've been!

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I don't watch the show. Who are you talking about?
The show ended with its Nolan (its main character) as a fugitive on Earth after killing a politician, and flying off into space at random on an ark ship with thousands of hibernating Omec aliens. For lack of a better word, they're like blue African alien werewolves combined with the Wraith from Stargate Atlantis. One Omec an pretty much kill an entire town, so there are enough Omecs on the ship to conquer a planet. Since they're the last of their species, he's leading them away from Earth rather than destroying them all.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I knew it was gonna get cancelled after seeing the finale but i was still holding out hope :mjcry:

This was easily SyFy best show IMO

I just dont get these networks sometimes

Didn't SyFy say like a year ago they were trying to step it up in the quality department and actually put out some good shows?

How do say some shyt like that and then cancel your best show a year later?

How does some boring trash like 12 Monkeys get renewed but Defiance gets the axe :mjcry:

They should've never put this on Friday nights

We all know what happens to shows that get moved to Fridays

Last edited:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It would be pretty hard to continue the show without their star, and pretty hard to come up with an excuse for him making it back to Earth.
IMO Defiance didn't need Nolan

They have a good ensemble cast and Daytac could've taken over as the male lead or they could've brung a new sheriff to town

They also could've gave Nolan a space odyssey spinoff

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
How does some boring trash like 12 Monkeys get renewed but Defiance gets the axe :mjcry:

12 Monkeys is cheaper.

That's the thing with networks and Sci-fi: no matter how good the show is or how well it does ratings-wise, if the network decides its production cost has become too expensive for them, they axe it.

It's one of the primary reasons we don't really see any large-scale ambitious sci-fi on tv anymore, networks think these shows are too expensive to produce.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I knew it was gonna get cancelled after seeing the finale but i was still holding out hope :mjcry:

This was easily SyFy best show IMO

I just dont get these networks sometimes

Didn't SyFy say like a year ago they were trying to step it up in the quality department and actually put out some good shows?

How do say some shyt like that and then cancel your best show a year later?

They should've never put this on Friday nights

We all know what happens to shows that get moved to Fridays
I am not in love with 12 Monkeys either but I think it got better ratings than Defiance and it is more critically loved than Defiance ever was.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Bumping this...

I'm on the second season, show is doooope

I'm hooked. It is what Terra Nova should've been

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
The season 3 "I am Dothak Tarr" episode is quite possibly one of the best episodes I've seen in a show all year...

I had to give syfy props on this show. Its stepped up from a lot of the bullshyt it was known for before

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I miss Defiance :mjcry:

Killjoys is probably my favorite SyFy show right now but its not as good as Defiance :mjcry: