Def Jam : Fight For NY (2004)

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Its literally the only game ive seen this happen with. I must have a couple dozen games Ive bought many years after release. I dont see why this game is different and I dont remember it being a limited release/rare back in the day either.

The market for used games has alot of low lying sharks that hold onto acclaimed titles such as this and look to drive up the price when they see others doing it; if they don't start so themselves. The same way you're getting that nostalgic feeling and want to replay this, there's some dude waiting going ''nikkas gonna pay 50 dollars for this shyt 'cause they ain't got it and it ain't in print no more''. I see this shyt all the time for games (Tomba! and Tail Concerto are two old ps1 games I experienced this shyt with back in the day) and especially books that get made into movies and shyt. You might want to trawl through a gamestop and see if they have it on deck if you ain't up to paying them prices.

Daps
This game woulda been a perfect 10 if they woulda added T.I. to this game to fight against Lil Flip with Scarface as the special guest referee. I wish they had online features back in the PS2 era, cause they probably woulda added new rapper fighters to the game with a new patch. This game had incredible graphics for the era this game came out in though. A new version of this game would be sucessful if they would stick to the old THQ crew that made the old Wcw NWO and WWE N64 games.. They should make a rememastered version of this game for PS4/X Box One.

Last edited:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

Exactly.:wtb: Hit the punch button:beli:, hit the kick button:martin:, throw a fool:leostare:. Hold down the shoulder button, Wiggle clockwise without getting interrupted and Kaboom!:krs: You've changed the stage music to your character's song which gives you..some shyt:bryan:..I can't remember.
That's it.
......that's all you fukking do.
Gamestop couldn't fukking keep up with the amount of returns for this shyt I heard within that first month.:russell:

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
Cheapest price I found was still 38$ and it would take weeks to get to my spot. I ended up paying $45 for 2 day amazon prime delivery. Im sure I lost but dont really give a fukk. I can admit I gave in and am part of the problem. It is what it is.

Daps
They should make a remastered version of NBA Street vol 2 for PS4 also. Rick Barry, Kobe Bryant, Shaq, Duncan, David Robinson, Dominique Wilkens, Larry and Magic, Isiah Thomas, Bill Walton,Clyde Drexler, David Thompson, ABA era Doctor J, Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, Larry Bird, Darryl Dawkins, and 80s gold chain wearing era Jordan were all absolute beasts in this game. Clyde Drexler, Drayl Dawkins, David Thompson, Vince Carter, 80s Jordan, Nique, Doctor J, and Wilt were the only players that could dunk on Shaq and make him fall down in this game. Dunking on Shaq was difficult as all hell to do in this game. Portland Trailblazers era Bill Walton was underrated as fukk in this game on offense and defense also. Bill Walton was automatic from 20 feet in (mid range jumpers/dunks ,inside post game), in this game. He's like a a white 70s version of Kevin Garnett in this game, and was a beast at blocking shots also.. David Thompson, 80s era Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Vince Carter were all absolute monsters when it came to doing 360 dunks in this game. Nate Achibald was the most underrated player in NBA Street Vol 2 by far also. Nate Achibald's between the legs streetball playground layup was difficult as all hell to block/steal. 2k should put Blazers era Bill Walton and the 76-77 Portland Trailblazers in future NBA 2k games since they have his player rights, because Bill was an absolute beast in the 70s before injuries ruined his career.

Last edited:

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
:russ: wtf is that?? It sounds whack as hell

Just an extremely terrible game....they took everything that was enjoyable in FFNY and Vendetta and removed it.

Talking about hip-hop relates more to boxing than wrestling so tried to do that but the controls were terrible and the camera angles were garbage....even got rid of the finishing moves...

:pacspit: at the people that created that game....

Daps
t
giphy.gif

The camera positioning

The lack of any real grappling

The lack of an HUD

The helicoper flailing around like a fukking dolphin

The turntable nonsense

What the fukk was this breh :dead:
the game was only 2 player and the roster was weak compared to FFNY

Daps
If you're talkin' about Icon, it was hot garbage. :deadmanny: This was a day one cop for my older cousins since we grew up on the old N64 WCW/WWF wrestling series made by AKI, the same folks who designed the grappling system featured in the first two games and tweaked it for the series. After Fight for NY with Crow had us all :gladbron: man a solid chunk of the videogaming hip hop world had high hopes for this trash ass title....I think someone posted the gameplay vid in here. It was trash. Think Mortal Kombat 1 without the combos or the special moves and they put it in a Smash Bro's type stage with all the hazards. Garbage. Outside of the character models, this game was TRASH, breh. I remember getting not one but TWO copies of this shyt within the week it launched 'cause my cousins didn't want to sclock through it.:pachaha: If I remember right, the fukking cookie cutter plot had you fading Russle Simmons or some shyt in the end.:dead: I shoulda listened to Redman in that Interview where he was like "Icon gone in a new direction." and he was complaining about him and Meth just reading bullshyt lines, getting a cheque and bouncing without being asked about character input, new moves for his characters and all that.
I'd argue they were trash too

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Omg FFNY that game was fukking everything!!!! god, i miss it. :wow::mjcry:

fukk DEF JAM ICON THO!!! fukk THAT GAME TO HELL!!!!!:scust:

that game was fukking terrible...it was so got damn fukking repetitive. i played that shyt for an hour and returned it the same day.

it was pretty much a fighting game without the combos and the special moves.

The only good thing about the game..was some of the music...that was it.