Def Jam : Fight For NY (2004)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Super :trash:. They had the Fight Night team develop the game. They put some dumb ass music turntable attack to do big damage. :snoop:

giphy.gif

The camera positioning

The lack of any real grappling

The lack of an HUD

The helicoper flailing around like a fukking dolphin

The turntable nonsense

What the fukk was this breh :dead:

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
I was duped. I tried to make myself like this shyt. :mjcry:

Honestly, that game probably saw about 30 mins of playing time. The disc was then ejected and it never saw the light of day again.

They shoulda just stuck to the formula of FFNY. New city, new story, new rappers etc. instead of that corny fight to the music bullshyt.

Game developers always tryna fix things that aint broke.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
That must be why the thread gets made so often. lol. I wanted this game so bad too. I heard (according to the Coli) the follow up wasn't as good as the orginal.

If you're talkin' about Icon, it was hot garbage. :deadmanny: This was a day one cop for my older cousins since we grew up on the old N64 WCW/WWF wrestling series made by AKI, the same folks who designed the grappling system featured in the first two games and tweaked it for the series. After Fight for NY with Crow had us all :gladbron: man a solid chunk of the videogaming hip hop world had high hopes for this trash ass title....I think someone posted the gameplay vid in here. It was trash. Think Mortal Kombat 1 without the combos or the special moves and they put it in a Smash Bro's type stage with all the hazards. Garbage. Outside of the character models, this game was TRASH, breh. I remember getting not one but TWO copies of this shyt within the week it launched 'cause my cousins didn't want to sclock through it.:pachaha: If I remember right, the fukking cookie cutter plot had you fading Russle Simmons or some shyt in the end.:dead: I shoulda listened to Redman in that Interview where he was like "Icon gone in a new direction." and he was complaining about him and Meth just reading bullshyt lines, getting a cheque and bouncing without being asked about character input, new moves for his characters and all that.