Deep Sea Fisherman Posts His Discoveries on Twitter

Tigron

Superstar
Daps

shadowking

All Star
Daps
The other poster's link was more impressive. Why observe the ocean from space? Design some aquatic diving ships and explore the depths.

How are satellites used to observe the ocean?

Using satellites, NOAA researchers closely study the ocean. Information gathered by satellites can tell us about ocean bathymetry, sea surface temperature, ocean color, coral reefs, and sea and lake ice. Scientists also use data collection systems on satellites to relay signals from transmitters on the ground to researchers in the field—used in applications such as measuring tidal heights and the migration of whales. Transmitters on satellites also relay position information from emergency beacons to help save lives when people are in distress on boats, airplanes, or in remote areas. Here are just a few of the many ways satellites help us learn more about our ocean

FSP

Banned
Daps
28168669_2312944788723199_1680751712129845615_n.jpg

the fukk this shyt supposed to be? Satan's Starfish? :scust:
The heart of Davy Jones :dwillhuh: great neptune

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
How are satellites used to observe the ocean?

Using satellites, NOAA researchers closely study the ocean. Information gathered by satellites can tell us about ocean bathymetry, sea surface temperature, ocean color, coral reefs, and sea and lake ice. Scientists also use data collection systems on satellites to relay signals from transmitters on the ground to researchers in the field—used in applications such as measuring tidal heights and the migration of whales. Transmitters on satellites also relay position information from emergency beacons to help save lives when people are in distress on boats, airplanes, or in remote areas. Here are just a few of the many ways satellites help us learn more about our ocean

That seems practical in sense if being able to predict weather patterns and mount rescue missions etc. But I'm talking about exploration.

shadowking

All Star
Daps
That seems practical in sense if being able to predict weather patterns and mount rescue missions etc. But I'm talking about exploration.

That will be done by the same NOAA researchers funded with government grants.
That's the focus of ocean mapping

There's also the animal tracking with sensors to detect the health of aquatic lifeforms

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The actual bottom of the ocean is near impossible to explore. We still have yet to explore any of it really. From the organization you mentioned:

This
I know we don't have the ability to explore the entire ocean lol the technology doesn't exist. I was speaking in general.