Debunking Federal Reserve conspiracy theories

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Nothing will ever compare to Congress.

As stipulated by the Banking Act of 1935, the President appoints the seven members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; they must then be confirmed by the Senate and serve for 14 years.[2] Once appointed, Governors may not be removed from office for their policy opinions. The chairman and vice-chairman are chosen by the President from among the sitting Governors for four-year terms; these appointments are also subject to Senate confirmation.[3] By law, the chairman reports twice a year to Congress on the Federal Reserve's monetary policy objectives. He also testifies before Congress on numerous other issues and meets periodically with the Secretary of the Treasury.

The Senate must approved after the President appoints. Would you argue that the Senate and President is exempt from this corruption?

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Senate must approved after the President appoints. Would you argue that the Senate and President is exempt from this corruption?

No I wouldnt.

I would argue tho that Senators serve 6 year terms and are under less pressure to raise money.

The othe built in protection is the 14yr term the Board of Governors serve. Typically the longer a person serves in office the less incentive their is for them to whore out their office for future job opportunities and personal gain (allegedly).

Much like the debt ceiling situation from last summer, the only influence that Congress can add to the process is to politicize it.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The federal reserve LOST 9 trillion dollars then miraculously realized they gave it away to banks, with no interest. Its a joke friends. Something is wrong down there.

Darth Nubian

I bought my first Ki from my baby momma brother
Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
Without fiat money most of you nikkas would be living in shotgun shacks. How much is your daily production really worth? I produce spreadsheets and reports, I can't eat or barter with them shyts. Inflated money and easy credit is the only thing keeping the American dream alive in a service economy.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Without fiat money most of you nikkas would be living in shotgun shacks. How much is your daily production really worth? I produce spreadsheets and reports, I can't eat or barter with them shyts. Inflated money and easy credit is the only thing keeping the American dream alive in a service economy.

aww damn you mean your master aint teach you nothing so you dont know nothing?! : ( he must want you dependent on him.

take some personal accountability for your own development negro

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The federal reserve LOST 9 trillion dollars then miraculously realized they gave it away to banks, with no interest. Its a joke friends. Something is wrong down there.

people dont care because they havent been personally or significantly affected yet.

our economic trajectory is looking BLEAK, and we are not taking any significant steps to alter it. crooks in office, crooks in govt, robbing us blind.

people's quality of life, on average, is about to take a serious downturn. in fact its already started.

we'll bounce back though...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop wasting your time LeyeT b/c VVD trapped us in a lose-lose thread here. He placed a Pro-FED website up with misinform facts and history. Not only that the article said people who went against the FED were and are wackos. With that VVD is saying "You can't debate these facts b/c anything that isn't of this article you are creating yourself to be a fool".

Let him believe it. He stuck in his ways...no need to save a lost soul.

Darth Nubian

Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
aww damn you mean your master aint teach you nothing so you dont know nothing?! : ( he must want you dependent on him.

take some personal accountability for your own development negro

Slow your roll with the slave/master talk. Just because you work at the incense and oils kiosk doesn't make you enlightened.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
No I wouldnt.

I would argue tho that Senators serve 6 year terms and are under less pressure to raise money.

The othe built in protection is the 14yr term the Board of Governors serve. Typically the longer a person serves in office the less incentive their is for them to whore out their office for future job opportunities and personal gain (allegedly).

Much like the debt ceiling situation from last summer, the only influence that Congress can add to the process is to politicize it.

i just dont get where this idea comes from that members of the fed are beyond the influence of the lobbyists.

if corporate lobbyists control the prez and the senate, and the prez and the senate decide who is appointed to the fed, then it's likely the same financial interests that control the govt having de-facto control over the fed.

we got a glance at this dynamic at work during the bailout when the big banks asked for 700 billion (which turned out to actually be trillions) and within a week they had the money, with no effective plan in place for how all the money was to be spent and no effective plan for overseeing the distribution of funds.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Slow your roll with the slave/master talk. Just because you work at the incense and oils kiosk doesn't make you enlightened.

:russ:

i work in the matrix like you.

but i also know how to grow food, find and clean water, and build a shelter out of nature's elements.

no bullshyt, you cant be dependent on this system for survival breh... cuz if the system goes...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I see both sides but I'm kinda :wtf: @ them saying "crazy muhfuggas kept sayin the Fed had a secret meeting which never happened" and then they said "the Fed had a meeting in secret to form w/o opposition"

Muhfuggas been printing trillions in the dark and now the chicken is coming home to roost

*searches for jobs in France and Ghana*

Darth Nubian

Daps
Reppin
The Black Star
:russ:

i work in the matrix like you.

but i also know how to grow food, find and clean water, and build a shelter out of nature's elements.

no bullshyt, you cant be dependent on this system for survival breh... cuz if the system goes...

I can feel you on that bruh

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i just dont get where this idea comes from that members of the fed are beyond the influence of the lobbyists.

if corporate lobbyists control the prez and the senate, and the prez and the senate decide who is appointed to the fed, then it's likely the same financial interests that control the govt having de-facto control over the fed.

we got a glance at this dynamic at work during the bailout when the big banks asked for 700 billion (which turned out to actually be trillions) and within a week they had the money, with no effective plan in place for how all the money was to be spent and no effective plan for overseeing the distribution of funds.

Its not that I think the members of the Fed are incorruptible, its that I know the track records of our elected representatives. Congress and the Senate are full of known criminals who are prone to acting irrationally depending on which way the wind is blowing. More Government bureaucracy is never the solution.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Its not that I think the members of the Fed are incorruptible, its that I know the track records of our elected representatives. Congress and the Senate are full of known criminals who are prone to acting irrationally depending on which way the wind is blowing. More Government bureaucracy is never the solution.

so more private bankers are the solution?

out of the frying pan and into the fire my friend

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
this is not about just banking and economics... or private bankers and ivy league economists.

believe it or not running an economy is not that complex. more times than not it is either outside interference from a foreign entity, or internal greed that collapses an economy...not incompetence on the part of those genuinely trying to run a successful, balanced economy.

what im getting at, is this is more about the CHARACTER of the people in power than anything else.

our leaders are not short on intelligence.

they are short on ethics.

and once we fully absorb this fact we will approach our solutions to this problem in a completely different manner.