"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I don’t really think booing made Randle improved. Randle just improves every year regardless of the situation and looking back at it we really did put Randle on a team that had Dennis Smith jr (G-league), Alonzo trier (a true black hole in the G-league), Elfrid Payton (last man on Phoenix), Dameyon Dotson (G-league), Brazdenkis (G-league) and a rookie R.J Barrett and told Randle to make something of that.

:manny: It was a mistake and we move on. I’m happy we have him for the long term.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I don’t care how or why Randle got better. I just need him to keep getting better and win more and I’ll keep supporting him. If he embarrasses himself again he’ll get shytted on again. The playoff loss was that bad. You would have to be damn near related to him not to question them paying him. Keep in mind these preseasons got me hopeful he can become a legit “Star”. It’s closing and consistency that separates the Stars from the All-stars. He might have it.

:yeshrug:

I also don’t feel like a player is beyond reproach until they win a championship for your team, or at least put in the work to get damn close?

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
not the we respect hard workers and people who grind because that's how it is living in NY argument

MAN FOH. nikkas acting like NYers got it harder than everyone else

death, taxes and NYers acting like they got it the hardest

y'all respect the gritty and toughness but y'all let a balding trae young shyt on your entire city and he's still doing that in his offseason :laff:
This insufferable nikka will get slapped the fukk up.
full

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t really think booing made Randle improved. Randle just improves every year regardless of the situation and looking back at it we really did put Randle on a team that had Dennis Smith jr (G-league), Alonzo trier (a true black hole in the G-league), Elfrid Payton (last man on Phoenix), Dameyon Dotson (G-league), Brazdenkis (G-league) and a rookie R.J Barrett and told Randle to make something of that.

:manny: It was a mistake and we move on. I’m happy we have him for the long term.

dap + rep for having common sense

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
PROSPECT OF THE WEEK: Rokas Jokubaitis, SG, FC Barcelona, (rights owned by Knicks)
I’ll get to players from the 2022 draft in a bit, but this week I wanted to highlight the torrid start by the Lithuanian guard the Knicks drafted with the 34th pick in the 2021 draft.

At this point, European teams have already played several games, so we’re already getting an impression of who is off to a great start and who isn’t. The most notable outlier from the previous year’s performance might be Jokubaitis, who has exploded in the early going in his first season in Spain. Most notably, he’s been able to convert both frequently and efficiently inside the arc despite moving up to a more difficult league, hitting 20 of his 31 2-point attempts while drawing fouls at roughly double the rate of a year ago.

Some athletic limitations will always be there for Jokubaitis — he’s stuck on zero blocks for the season and has a grand total of nine in his six seasons of international basketball. But as a savvy midrange and paint scorer whose 3-pointer should be good enough, he looks like a really interesting rotation guard for next year and beyond. We’re still working in small-sample territory — he’s played 12 games — but his start is really encouraging sign for Knicks fans.

From John Hollinger

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
PROSPECT OF THE WEEK: Rokas Jokubaitis, SG, FC Barcelona, (rights owned by Knicks)
I’ll get to players from the 2022 draft in a bit, but this week I wanted to highlight the torrid start by the Lithuanian guard the Knicks drafted with the 34th pick in the 2021 draft.

At this point, European teams have already played several games, so we’re already getting an impression of who is off to a great start and who isn’t. The most notable outlier from the previous year’s performance might be Jokubaitis, who has exploded in the early going in his first season in Spain. Most notably, he’s been able to convert both frequently and efficiently inside the arc despite moving up to a more difficult league, hitting 20 of his 31 2-point attempts while drawing fouls at roughly double the rate of a year ago.

Some athletic limitations will always be there for Jokubaitis — he’s stuck on zero blocks for the season and has a grand total of nine in his six seasons of international basketball. But as a savvy midrange and paint scorer whose 3-pointer should be good enough, he looks like a really interesting rotation guard for next year and beyond. We’re still working in small-sample territory — he’s played 12 games — but his start is really encouraging sign for Knicks fans.

From John Hollinger

I've watched the personalized highlights for him after each game. It's not enough to make any proclamations but the best part is that the announcers sing his praises and make it sound like he's playing as well as those highlight reels let on.