"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
still getting used to us being a professional, smart, well run, organized, organization.

every year i reserve fukkery fuel for all da drama and controversy that comes with this team and so far i havent had to use any of it.

historically, what's going on in brooklyn should be happening to us:russ:

but we on some san antonio spurs shyt.

hopefully we can continue to progress

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
still getting used to us being a professional, smart, well run, organized, organization.

every year i reserve fukkery fuel for all da drama and controversy that comes with this team and so far i havent had to use any of it.

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

I'm just worried if the Knicks put up another good season that we see the return of James Dolan

They are only competitive because he stepped back

But you know that racist piece of shyt wanna be all up in the videos

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
yea im sure y'all were the reason why he got better

:mjlol:

and not thibs and his own hard work

:ohhh:

Is this you?
thibs is the dumbest fukking idiot man.

why wouldn't u start Rose and this man waits t'ill its an 11-0 run to call a timeout. i thought only luke walton did that dumb shyt

fukking goofy

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:

Is this you?

fukking goofy

What did I say wrong there?

Thibs is a great coach when it comes to development and defense but he's always been bad at rotations and minutes distribution which you directly proved my point by quoting a post from 2018 :dead:. Same dude who played L-Frid major minutes even in the playoffs. You thought you ate :dead:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Randle had a historically bad Post Season performance. Thibs was fukking up too.

Hopefully next offseason we go on a run, but to act like people being weary about paying Randle is insane because he hits a game winner in preseason is a fukking bad comedy.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
q1eCKpp.jpg

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Got my recap up on KFTV fam. Few snippets from some of 'em,

Kemba Walker: Shooting woes and poor defense kept Kemba Walker off the floor during the Knicks’ big comeback. Walker flashed his offensive prowess in spurts, putting Aaron Holiday on skates for a bucket and finishing inside a few times. He also found teammates for good looks around the perimeter frequently. But Walker couldn’t find his three-ball and spent a lot of attempts searching for it. On the opposite end of the floor he was a target by Dinwiddie, then Holiday, and then even Raul Neto. Kemba’s finding his offense but it wasn’t enough to make up for the points that he gave up.

Julius Randle: It took Julius Randle longer to get into this game then he’d probably hoped for. Randle’s jumper betrayed him for most of the first three quarters. But as the game wore on, he simply wore down his defenders and willed himself to a strong performance. The big man grabbed some extra boards, attacked in transition, and got himself to the line enough to find that jumper in time for his late-game heroics to steal a win. This was Randle struggling, and he still had a reasonably strong game when all was said and done.

Quentin Grimes: We finally got to see Quentin Grimes play real minutes against pros and he looked like a player that can contribute. Grimes’ may have shown some nerves in his jump shot, missing open looks from long and midrange. But the rookie kept his game afloat behind fantastic defense and the ability to contribute across the score sheet. When the game reached clutch time, Grime’s defense earned Thibs trust. The rookie who had struggled all night called for the ball with New York down 5 and under two minutes to go, then splashed a three-pointer to make it a one-possession game. That kind of confidence is promising from the rookie.

Closing Thoughts: Now we wait for the regular season. The Knicks went undefeated for the preseason by playing harder than anyone else typically does. But by these past two with Detroit and Washington, their opponents matched the energy and created a special kind of environment for these exhibitions. The intensity on the floor energized the Garden so that even the crowd was in midseason form. It reminded me of the year Miami fans left a playoff game early then tried to get back in because they’d emptied out before a comeback…juxtapose that to NYC, where fans watched their team down double-digits all night so that they could explode at a comeback in the final minutes. We’re built different!

A lot more in there, so peep it, like and share if you dig. :salute: