"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I don’t understand what Grimes does at practice that Tibs doesn’t feel like he’s good enough. Wasn’t he drafted one pick higher than Quickley was last year? Quickley immediately paid dividends so I don’t understand this.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I don’t understand what Grimes does at practice that Tibs doesn’t feel like he’s good enough. Wasn’t he drafted one pick higher than Quickley was last year? Quickley immediately paid dividends so I don’t understand this.
I think it's Ego at this point we've seen Grimes perform well in an actual 4th q game.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

The times Grimes has been out there he's contributed & it just wasn't garbage time. If Fournier doesn't turn it around, Thibs needs to be under the hot seat for not making any changes

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Quickley spazzed out in the preseason last year, that’s why he got so much attention. Thibs saw that and was like I gotta give this kid some minutes.
With that said I don’t think they’ll be any tinkering of lineups due to politics and egos. Injecting some energy into that starting lineup would do wonders . This week we should’ve taken advantage and beat the teams that were weaker because the schedule gets difficult after Houston.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Quickley spazzed out in the preseason last year, that’s why he got so much attention. Thibs saw that and was like I gotta give this kid some minutes.
With that said I don’t think they’ll be any tinkering of lineups due to politics and egos. Injecting some energy into that starting lineup would do wonders . This week we should’ve taken advantage and beat the teams that were weaker because the schedule gets difficult after Houston.
I'm starting to get on board with IQ taking for Ev in the lineup. I'd also have, Kemba sit 2 min earlier like around 7 min then let Rose finish the quarter. With Rose I'm bringing Burkin bag, Obi and Taj. I'd let RJ and IQ finish together. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I'd try a first quarter :manny:@storyteller what you think?

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm starting to get on board with IQ taking for Ev in the lineup. I'd also have, Kemba sit 2 min earlier like around 7 min then let Rose finish the quarter. With Rose I'm bringing Burkin bag, Obi and Taj. I'd let RJ and IQ finish together. Maybe I'm wrong but that's how I'd try a first quarter :manny:@storyteller what you think?
We play on Saturday and Sunday so hopefully kemba gets a day of rest and they give duece significant minutes for Houston.

Fournier just needs to get his head out his ass. If dude played like he usually does we’d put away teams sooner. Dude does the same move of pump faking at the 3pt line driving it And missing the floater. Let that shyt fly! :stopitslime:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
We play on Saturday and Sunday so hopefully kemba gets a day of rest and they give duece significant minutes for Houston.

Fournier just needs to get his head out his ass. If dude played like he usually does we’d put away teams sooner. Dude does the same move of pump faking at the 3pt line driving it And missing the floater. Let that shyt fly! :stopitslime:
Deuce is in G-league unless they're bringing him back:jbhmm:Ev definitely in his own head though and unfortunately besides Mitch the rest of the unit is too:beli:They're hearing the noise and the numbers and it's getting to them:francis: