"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Clearly they need to figure out how to deal with Kemba sitting. I ain’t stressing him sitting because him having a healthy post season is the most important goal. However, they got to figure it out with him sitting that isn’t just hero ball.

Rose and Randle starting together hurts the bench squad more than it shores up the starters. I am wondering if IQ or less likely McBride can be the stop gap starting PG.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team

full

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Clearly they need to figure out how to deal with Kemba sitting. I ain’t stressing him sitting because him having a healthy post season is the most important goal. However, they got to figure it out with him sitting that isn’t just hero ball.

Rose and Randle starting together hurts the bench squad more than it shores up the starters. I am wondering if IQ or less likely McBride can be the stop gap starting PG.
Let's just wait and see how Friday looks. We still came with the win which is NEVER a bad thing

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I expect this to be something that takes longer than that to figure out.
Relax bruh:obama:We are deeper than last season and have skills at every position we have a great depth and talent problem. :whew:With Kemba most likely playing again I expect us to have a much better start this time.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Relax bruh:obama:We are deeper than last season and have skills at every position we have a great depth and talent problem. :whew:With Kemba most likely playing again I expect us to have a much better start this time.
I hear you, and you are right but still…. they gonna have to figure that shyt out eventually.

:yeshrug:

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

I like McBride starting if Kemba isn't playing.

Keep that bench unit together.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
To be real with y'all, last nights game sucked ass for us. RJ got put on lockdown by Josh Jackson. In order for him to be a future all star, that shyt can't happen.

The offense wasn't fluid in the first half but then defense became lackadaisical. Taj and Randle held us down.

Young guys gotta hit the gym and learn from this. We should not be struggling to a preseason half empty pistons team without Cunningham. Especially if they just got blown out a couple days ago.

Thibs should've rested the starters in the 2nd half and let McBride and Grimes play. It's only preseason.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
If the Knicks made their bunnies yesterday, it's another blowout. RJ, IQ, and Obi...basically all the young heads got to their spots and missed. I'm not too upset about last night because the looks were good enough that they'll fall more often than not. RJ shot terribly but led the team in assists and he's JUST learning to playmake. You could catch him telegraphing some passes that led to turnovers but him actively looking for players is a good sign. He also played good defense again.

The real issue last night was Knox/Obi/Sims on defense. They gave Detroit hella confidence attacking the paint and it didn't change until Randle got angry in the third and Aamir Simms showed up hungry to replace Sims.

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
If the Knicks made their bunnies yesterday, it's another blowout. RJ, IQ, and Obi...basically all the young heads got to their spots and missed. I'm not too upset about last night because the looks were good enough that they'll fall more often than not. RJ shot terribly but led the team in assists and he's JUST learning to playmake. You could catch him telegraphing some passes that led to turnovers but him actively looking for players is a good sign. He also played good defense again.

The real issue last night was Knox/Obi/Sims on defense. They gave Detroit hella confidence attacking the paint and it didn't change until Randle got angry in the third and Aamir Simms showed up hungry to replace Sims.

Facts. The real problem was the rim protection last night. Sims a rookie so you gotta expect shyt like this to happen and Taj is old. I can't wait to see what we look like with Mitch AND Noel healthy. :mjlit: