Death Stranding Review Scores voting thread

Death Stranding Metacritic score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure what insiders these are but from people who are in the know have told me, critics who are reviewing the game (On MC) are head over heels over the game and calling it genre defining. I've heard nothing but 9s and 10s. People will be very surprised if they're expecting this to be anything less than 90, which seems like almost everyone here.

But I just don't understand that mentality in the first place... It's Hideo Kojima. He's never made a bad game. His "lowest" rated game has an 89. That, and Sony holding the embargo a week before release should really tell you everything. Same happened with God of War, which ended with a 94, and that was the last game they put a week in advance. Days Gone, Concrete Genie, etc didn't get that treatment, they were a day in advance.

From what I have heard, 93-94 is pretty on the money. I think it'll be higher than 95-96 initially and drop from there.

A few people who are in the know told me it's 9s mostly and I've heard from others there's a lot of 10s, specifically from certain major outlets that they absolutely love it. These same people told me the same about Pokemon and its' reception. Of course, just like GoW there's going to be a handful of 8s and the usual 7s and under from the 1-3 people, troll reviews or not.

But I don't know how it will do with fans. All I know is critics seem to be losing it over the game. So just don't be surprised if Death Stranding and Pokemon are two of the highest rated games this year.

:francis: yeah looks like the UPS delivery guys will have the last laugh:mjlit:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
The game going be straight doodoo water but it's getting a 99 because the gaming industry is full of hoes who dikk ride Kojima's art

Yea thats what i pretty much expect.

You already have a few people saying its 'genre defining' and all this bullsht. We'll see.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yea thats what i pretty much expect.

You already have a few people saying its 'genre defining' and all this bullsht. We'll see.
Well the people who's playing/played it are saying so vs people preemptively declaring the game to be trash and if it turns out to be good it's still trash because "Kojima stans". :mjlol:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
conversely you have ppl ultra-trashing a game they haven’t even played...funny how that works lol

You mean people "ultra trashing" the blind support behind it

Blind support for a game that frankly hasnt shown anything special since its announcement

Yea funny how that works huh lol

Last edited:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Well the people who's playing/played it are saying so vs people preemptively declaring the game to be trash and if it turns out to be good it's still trash because "Kojima stans". :mjlol:

I guess because theyve supposedly 'played it' they aint kojima dikkriders like you

Nah how could they be :troll::mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I guess because theyve supposedly 'played it' they aint kojima dikkriders like you

So basically anyone who's playing it now and would actually know/have experienced the game in full and gave it praise is a Kojima diikkrider but anyone who's NOT playing it now and says it's trash is being truthful. :wow:

Got it. :wow:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
So basically anyone who's playing it now and would actually know/have experienced the game in full and gave it praise is a Kojima diikkrider but anyone who's NOT playing it now and says it's trash is being truthful. :wow:

Got it. :wow:

If that's what you got from my post, then your comprehension is god tier:wow:

No wonder you're a hall of shame vet:wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You mean people "ultra trashing" the blind support behind it

Blind support for a game that frankly hasnt shown anything special since its announcement

Yea funny how that works huh lol
In your opinion. I have seen more than enough elements to have me interested in what the full game will deliver.

One can argue that Kojima has been too secretive about some of the gameplay, but it's not like we haven't seen combat, stealth and horror elements pass by either. It's there but Kojima deliberately wants you to go in blind.

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
In your opinion. I have seen more than enough elements to have me interested in what the full game will deliver.

One can argue that Kojima has been too secretive about some of the gameplay, but it's not like we haven't seen combat, stealth and horror elements pass by either. It's there but Kojima deliberately wants you to go in blind.

So what about the combat, stealth or horror in this game as shown so far is outstandingly good in your opinion? Genuine question.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
So what about the combat, stealth or horror in this game as shown so far is outstandingly good in your opinion? Genuine question.
It feels and looks like MGS which is good enough for me to trust it will be dope.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If that's what you got from my post, then your comprehension is god tier:wow:

No wonder you're a hall of shame vet:wow:

Cute but no, you clearly are insinuating the players are most likely kojima dikk riders if they're praising it, EVEN if they played it.

Don't try to spin it or deflect by bringing up something about a worthless banner.

Oh no I'm a hall of shame vet that absolutely proves I'm clueless and not to be responded to seriously:mjcry:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
don't think I'd be surprised if it ended up in the 90s. Kojima trolls so much with fukkery that you can't take him serious.

I know the boss fights will be dope (the one I saw so far absolutely was), so I know he out here bullshyttin as usual tryin to swerve people.