Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Kojima Says Even Now He Doesn't Understand Death Stranding; Game Design Is Holistic for Him

YH84LUO.png

Fred.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Death Stranding… even now, I don’t understand the game. Its world view, gameplay, they are all new. My mission is to create a genre that does not currently exist, and which takes everyone by surprise. There is, naturally, a risk in that…

Kojima, the creator of Metal Gear Solid, then explained that game design is a holistic process for him that encompasses all aspects of the title, from the story to graphics and sound.

Now I have my own studio, but what I want to do is the same as before. I want to do monozukuri. Game designing is a holistic thing for me. Working with all the designs, stories, concepts, graphics and sound. That is the meaning of game designing. We might have it more melodic when a character looks in this direction, and then have that fade when they take some particular action. It’s like the cello coming in, or the drums adding accent to movement when Tom and Jerry are wrecking things in one of their cartoons.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Don't understand your own game breh :mjlol:

Watching @Kamikaze Revy pretend to like this is going to be one of the greatest moments in coli history :mjlol:
Watchin me smack my name out of your mouth is going to be one of the greatest moments in Coli history. :DAIGOYANKEE:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Kojima's making a game for players to find their purpose, and while finding your purpose along the way, you will also find out what the game is about.

Don't worry about what the game is. Worry about how the game will help us all become better people in the long run.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Kojima's making a game for players to find their purpose, and while finding your purpose along the way, you will also find out what the game is about.

Don't worry about what the game is. Worry about how the game will help us all become better people in the long run.

Namaste :wow: :bow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Death Stranding will be endorsed by Alpha Male Scrategies