Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The thing that really stood out to me was just how simple this game is at its core. Death Stranding is a game about walking. As Sam Porter Bridges (or as you probably know him, Normal Reedus trapped in the uncanny valley), you are tasked with walking from the East coast of America to the West, reactivating various communication nodes along the way in an effort to spread a message of hope to a nation that has become fragmented and disconnected, taking the idea of unity to pockets of an isolated populous that trades in ambivalence rather than love. That is Death Stranding.

. That message is that every problem in the world needn't be solved by force; instead, it is hope that can bring us all together.

This is necessary after Central Knot City was destroyed in a terrorist attack – through the use of irresponsible 'Void Outs', the act of coming back from the 'Other Side', from the game's central antagonists. This has pushed pockets of civilisation to disconnect themselves from the government and from each other in fear, choosing to instead go it alone in the wildlands.

The rest of it is all noise – a collection of gamification and esoteric sci-fi concepts to introduce conflict. Death Stranding is a game about a pilgrimage, about activating communication relays, and about delivering parcels to isolated corners of America in an attempt to establish social strands – building bonds with your fellow man in an effort to inspire hope in a dying society.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reading IGN's breakdown of the trailer the story/main mission makes sense and I get it now. Seems like there's going to be some potential MGS2 fukkery in the end because it sounds benign at first(Build bridges between the isolated cities to connect them all under one central government, THE UCA). I bet you Amelie(the president in the game) will probably bring some fukkery along with the Homo demens seeing as to how they're a terrorist group.

I think the game is going to be crazy and Kojima is just trolling/eccentric as fukk showing off dumb shyt because he knows how crazy the game is in reality. Of course I can be totally wrong and the game is FedEx with fukkery but who knows.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Reading IGN's breakdown of the trailer the story/main mission makes sense and I get it now. Seems like there's going to be some potential MGS2 fukkery in the end because it sounds benign at first(Build bridges between the isolated cities to connect them all under one central government, THE UCA). I bet you Amelie(the president in the game) will probably bring some fukkery along with the Homo demens seeing as to how they're a terrorist group.

I think the game is going to be crazy and Kojima is just trolling/eccentric as fukk showing off dumb shyt because he knows how crazy the game is in reality. Of course I can be totally wrong and the game is FedEx with fukkery but who knows.
Is it going to be fun cause none of this stuff matter honestly

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The details make me even more concerned. The main quest line is basically open world shyt. Turn on relays and deliver packages as main missions when it should be open world filler? That's gonna be a yikes from me dog.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm assuming this game is running the FOX Engine correct?

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I'm assuming this game is running the FOX Engine correct?

Nah, guerilla games' engine.

Game looks interesting and that's it. Not hyped at all anymore until I see more substantial stuff. The game being about package delivery at its core is very ehhhh to me but I'm curious to see how it all ties together with that WW1 horror shyt

I don't have blind faith in kojima and never have. Him without any restraint isn't exactly compelling imo

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
The details make me even more concerned. The main quest line is basically open world shyt. Turn on relays and deliver packages as main missions when it should be open world filler? That's gonna be a yikes from me dog.

According to IGN, the main story is about uniting but there appears to be more that is meant to occur. Kojima better be fukking around with what he has shown, this won’t be a good first impression for Kojima studios if it underperforms.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sick of the Kojima slander by you clowns ....

Who else can even think of some shyt like this? And you bozos are whining because you don't understand everything fully ... Well good as what I say.

It will obviously be explained as you play the title

That’s what I don’t understand. From what I’ve seen it’s shaping up to be a dope game. Cant wait to see this play out. The man has a strong enough catalogue for me to not question if this going to be great

Last edited: