Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
What is the online/multiplayer aspect of this game going to be like?

I know it won't have a traditional competitive mode like that, but essentially, have they mentioned what they'll be doing with online connectivity for this game?

I think he's going to continue what he wanted to do with peace walker And MGSV.

You'll have to defend and procure some.type of supplies. YoI'll have to connect with other players in some sort of fashion in order to achieve a common goal. In MGSV it was nuclear disarming. In PT, it was solving the demo itself. Hence the "stranding" or "rope" that kojima keeps alluding too.
He wants players to work together instead of competing against each other or using "sticks" against each other.

Death Stranding will have online functionality, but it won’t be typical co-op. Instead, it’ll be asynchronous gameplay where you can “send supplies, share safe houses and walk in the footsteps of fellow couriers to reunite civilization.”

Another interesting feature: Kojima’s latest game won’t have a typical fail state. If you are defeated, you’ll re-appear in an “upside down realm” that you can escape from. “Choose your combat methods carefully, as killing your foe is almost never the solution – and every death carries a consequence,” the site warns.

Basically, everyone who joked that Death Stranding would be somewhat like a mailman simulator was kinda right — if delivering mail required you to run away from Mads Mikkelsen while carrying a throat baby.

Blood borne and nioh also kinda remind me of an aspect I think Koji wants to pull from where you see the previous Failures of other players around the game world.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Sick of the Kojima slander by you clowns ....

Who else can even think of some shyt like this? And you bozos are whining because you don't understand everything fully ... Well good as what I say.

It will obviously be explained as you play the title

tenor.gif

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

Who else can even think of some shyt like this? And you bozos are whining because you don't understand everything fully ... Well good as what I say.

Trash

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

Come on Breh, at the end of the day is this a game? The answer is yes, trust me I am all about story but more gameplay needs to be shown besides walking around and cutscenes. If this is quantic dream then cool because that’s what they are providing but hell even quantic dream provide detail on what the story is about. The game is out in just under three months and we still don’t have a clue what this is about or how it plays. If this was anyone else but Kojima people would have hit him with the :camby:a while ago but his track record has afforded him the luxury of good faith.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The 'Nobody would accept this if it weren't Kojima' talk shows exactly why Kojima can do this because he's one of the GOATs.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What if Kojima Metal Gear Solid five the fukk outta us? We watch videos thinking the game gonna be ass and when we finally get it and go through we realize it's an earth shattering classic that delivers and bridges the gap between us gamers?

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
What is the online/multiplayer aspect of this game going to be like?

I know it won't have a traditional competitive mode like that, but essentially, have they mentioned what they'll be doing with online connectivity for this game?
it's gonna be a piss contest. Whose pee stream can go farther.