Death Stranding | PS4/PS5/PC | Out Now

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game is so unique in the sense that, If somebody who didn’t know anything about this game asked me to explain it to them while making it sound fun, I don’t think I would know how lol

But with that said, I really enjoyed my time with it, like I completely understand somebody with a hectic life or a family not wanting to dedicate their time to something like this, but as someone who at the time had no kids and just bought my first house with wifey, this game had me so relaxed/content while loading up my supplies, crossing some lakes, making my way up a big ass mountain, and finally seeing my destination on the other side of a snowfield while some cool music kicked in.

Iv said it on this sub a few times, but the combat sucks, if he can make it great/engaging for the sequel it’ll do great, but for everything else I completely get what Kohima was going for

I did like the bola gun a lot though. :banderas:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This game is so unique in the sense that, If somebody who didn’t know anything about this game asked me to explain it to them while making it sound fun, I don’t think I would know how lol

But with that said, I really enjoyed my time with it, like I completely understand somebody with a hectic life or a family not wanting to dedicate their time to something like this, but as someone who at the time had no kids and just bought my first house with wifey, this game had me so relaxed/content while loading up my supplies into my jeep, cruising as far as i could until I had to cross some lakes, making my way up a big ass mountain, and finally seeing my destination on the other side of a snowfield while some cool music kicked in.

Iv said it on this sub a few times, but the combat sucks, if he can make it great/engaging for the sequel it’ll do great, but for everything else I completely get what Kojima was going for.

I do like the peacefulness of it at times…it reminds me of a more serious BOTW strictly in terms of just wandering the terrain and exploring areas…case in point I was delivering some goods then got chased by some marauders before the rain started falling which staved them off…then I had to quickly find some cover to prevent the rain from fukking up the packages which was cool but then the story got goofy/gameplay again with the BTs showing up and some giant squid thing…then buildings appeared out of nowhere out of the “inky” ground and it just got stupid to me…idk if the mystery of these things will be explained and until I can make some sense of it, it’s not fun at all guessing wtf is supposed to happen/be done especially when I don’t get the impression that my patience will be rewarded…seems like shyt will only get more confusing

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I do like the peacefulness of it at times…it reminds me of a more serious BOTW strictly in terms of just wandering the terrain and exploring areas…case in point I was delivering some goods then got chased by some marauders before the rain started falling which staved them off…then I had to quickly find some cover to prevent the rain from fukking up the packages which was cool but then the story got goofy/gameplay again with the BTs showing up and some giant squid thing…then buildings appeared out of nowhere out of the “inky” ground and it just got stupid to me…idk if the mystery of these things will be explained and until I can make some sense of it, it’s not fun at all guessing wtf is supposed to happen/be done especially when I don’t get the impression that my patience will be rewarded…seems like shyt will only get more confusing

People say this a lot, but the game really gets good at chapter 3 when you get leg modifcations

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It doesn't "get good" until Episode 3 aka "Fragile".

I’ve been “done” with this game about 2-3x now lol

but from what I’ve read the first 3 eps (14/15 total) represent about 33% of the game so I’ll try and push thru and see if things get better…I started ep 2 last night and made my way to the 2nd/3rd destination so I’m not sure how much more time is left in this ep

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I’ve been “done” with this game about 2-3x now lol

but from what I’ve read the first 3 eps (14/15 total) represent about 33% of the game so I’ll try and push thru and see if things get better…I started ep 2 last night and made my way to the 2nd/3rd destination so I’m not sure how much more time is left in this ep

Speed run through the main Ep. 2 missions, everything you get in Ep. 3 makes missions a whole lot easier. Especially with other users leaving you shyt you can use.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speed run through the main Ep. 2 missions, everything you get in Ep. 3 makes missions a whole lot easier. Especially with other users leaving you shyt you can use.

to be fair tho and I had this issue with gizmo’s response…traveling around isn’t my issue…it’s the confusion regarding the BTs and what’s supposed to happen during these encounters…with my last encounter the squid thing just appeared and started “menacing” me but then I said fukk it I’m just let it kill me so I can do that thing where you end up coming out the baby’s mouth (repatriate I think it’s called) and nothing happened…it just finally went away and everything went back to normal…right now these encounters are just a confusing nuisance/distraction

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Those boss fights in the pools of ink are the worst moments of the game, as far as getting it, you do have to be patient because a lot of things only start making sense/coming together when you’re pretty far into the game

Like I said in my original quote you quoted, i completely understand somebody tapping out before they get there, but it is rewarded if you stick with it

Your Main criticism just ties into my issue with it, the combat is kinda trash/janky

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
to be fair tho and I had this issue with gizmo’s response…traveling around isn’t my issue…it’s the confusion regarding the BTs and what’s supposed to happen during these encounters

I avoid BTs as much as possible, usually I just sneak past them. Later in the game you get a few useful weapons that make them a cakewalk. But in general, it's best not to fight them. There are boss fights you can beat by just leaving the area, the game tells you this but a lot of people forget about it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yikes…these “grenades” do NOT work on ppl…how embarrassing. :huhldup:

*edit*

music is cool :ehh:

this bike is useless when it comes to this terrain tho…so many fukking rocks lmao

Last edited:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
if the story dont get ya , then the gameplay definetly wont :manny: the story is what kept my interest all the way through