Death of The Brotherhood Vol. 1: All Pitts in the Peach State.The 2021 Atlanta Falcons Season Thread

How will the 2021 Falcons do?

• Miss the playoffs

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Make the playoffs

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Make an unexpected Super Bowl run

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • fukk the Aints

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m indifferent to this season. Who are top players available in the next draft? Anyone worth tanking for?

USATSI_16395895.jpg

Spencer Rattler

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
Funny thing is the first thing Coach Smith said after the game was “I did a terrible job getting the guys ready to play”. I was shocked he admitted it but it’s true. He didn’t really play any starters in the preseason and gave off this air like “well other teams in the league aren’t doing it” like those snaps aren’t important. I didn’t get that. But chill y’all, as bad as this was, it only counts for one L

Other thing, there is no real way the Falcons could’ve/would’ve drafted a QB. This team traded away our GOAT WR to sign our draft class, Matt Ryan’s contract hit if they tried to move him was about $65 million in dead money this year and $40 million in dead money next year. The Falcons weren’t going to EVER get rid of Matt Ryan or draft a QB #1 when there are so many other pressing issues on this roster. It just wasn’t happening

Nah we definitely could’ve drafted a QB especially considering that the FO opened the market for our most talented player (Julio) right before the draft

The rookie scale doesn’t change for a QB. We drafted #4 and signed Kyle Pitts to a contract worth $31,103,027.

The FO and Head Coach never looked at the worst possible scenario with these moves to me.

This team wins 4 games or less again and you have no real answers for the future right now. At least drafting a QB gives a sense of direction going forward and it also keeps jobs safe through the losses that are about to mount up.

Arthur Smith and Terry Fontenot can go right on the hot seat with 1 bad season by hooking themselves to an over the hill QB like they did.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Nah we definitely could’ve drafted a QB especially considering that the FO opened the market for our most talented player (Julio) right before the draft

The rookie scale doesn’t change for a QB. We drafted #4 and signed Kyle Pitts to a contract worth $31,103,027.

The FO and Head Coach never looked at the worst possible scenario with these moves to me.

This team wins 4 games or less again and you have no real answers for the future right now. At least drafting a QB gives a sense of direction going forward and it also keeps jobs safe through the losses that are about to mount up.

Arthur Smith and Terry Fontenot can go right on the hot seat with 1 bad season by hooking themselves to an over the hill QB like they did.

I disagree fam. AV already broke down the salary cap situation. If we were to cut Matt Ryan this past offseason, it would hamstring the future and building around a rookie QB. This team aint really built for a rookie QB, our o-line is mostly young/unproven and thrusting him into a situation like that wouldn't bode well for his future or give fans hope imo

=================================================

It's my favorite time of the year, Falcons analysis from my mama!

"I don't know what's going on with yo team, but that boy who was QB in the preseason (Franks) need's to be the starter"

Me: :francis:
*10 seconds of silence*

Her: :lupe:
"I guess you don't agree"

It's gonna be a long season fellas. But I'm all in no matter what

Hollywood Co

Primetime Reppin
Daps
Reppin
Eastside Atl -
I disagree fam. AV already broke down the salary cap situation. If we were to cut Matt Ryan this past offseason, it would hamstring the future and building around a rookie QB. This team aint really built for a rookie QB, our o-line is mostly young/unproven and thrusting him into a situation like that wouldn't bode well for his future or give fans hope imo

=================================================

It's my favorite time of the year, Falcons analysis from my mama!

"I don't know what's going on with yo team, but that boy who was QB in the preseason (Franks) need's to be the starter"

Me: :francis:
*10 seconds of silence*

Her: :lupe:
"I guess you don't agree"

It's gonna be a long season fellas. But I'm all in no matter what

I’m saying the you still were able to sign your Top 4 rookie draft pick so it being a QB only matters because you might feel pressured to play him but there’s no issue from a fiscal aspect.

Both the Falcons organization and Matt Ryan himself needed a jolt to get this season to be anything other than a year before an official rebuild.

Bringing in a young QB puts pressure on this whole situation to get better. Anything else you were gonna do was just treading water and here we are getting to sit through the results.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I’m saying the you still were able to sign your Top 4 rookie draft pick so it being a QB only matters because you might feel pressured to play him but there’s no issue from a fiscal aspect.

Both the Falcons organization and Matt Ryan himself needed a jolt to get this season to be anything other than a year before an official rebuild.

Bringing in a young QB puts pressure on this whole situation to get better. Anything else you were gonna do was just treading water and here we are getting to sit through the results.

Ryan been here 13 seasons without ever having any true competition at his position. Thats crazy to me. They treating him like Tom Brady and even he had Jimmy G.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

Right or wrong this FO didn’t see this roster as a rebuild, they thought it was all coaching. They believe Matt Ryan has not just another good year but another 2-3. Again look at his cap number the Falcons aren’t paying Matt Ryan that much to go away or sit on the bench this season or next, it’s not happening.

I get where you’re coming from and don’t even really disagree with you I’m just telling you the Falcons don’t have the financial flexibility or the belief as an organization that they need a new QB and they wouldn’t draft a top 5 pick at QB to sit for 2-3 years either like GB did with Jordan Love. Falcons need someone who can play now and help the team

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
What are y’all win expectations now? I was thinking 7-8 to start the season now I’m thinking 3-4 :francis:

We might be the worst team in the NFL :francis:

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Let's say we drafted a qb and he struggled for 2 years as we slowly acquire talent. Then he has a good year when we finally got a squad, now u gotta extend him before we ever really competed for a super bowl.

That's assuming he even pans out. You don't wanna end up with Sam darnold or Rosen where they ain't have shyt to work with and ultimately become labeled a bust. Then u have to try again with Zach Wilson.

You wanna put your rookie in a Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen position, where things are set up for them to succeed way before you gotta consider qb extensions.

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
We had the worst graded o-line in week 1. I don't care if you out mahomes behind our line, we ain't winning shyt. You seen what happened to him in the super bowl with a shyt o-line.

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Ryan been here 13 seasons without ever having any true competition at his position. Thats crazy to me. They treating him like Tom Brady and even he had Jimmy G.

That's Belichick, he don't give a damn about anybody and he's been right majority of the time when he replaces guys.

But I'll bite. When did Matt Ryan need competition? What year in particular?

Outside of his rookie year (no expectations) and this year I can't recall a season where the Falcons didn't have legit playoff aspirations with Matt as QB.

I ain't on the Matt Ryan does no wrong train, there have been plenty times he's been the reason for L's and bad games. And I do think we need a new QB.
But folks act like good QBs just grow on trees and there's just a better replacement out there to lead us to the promised land. So many other teams' fans would kill for our QB stability and success

Right or wrong this FO didn’t see this roster as a rebuild, they thought it was all coaching. They believe Matt Ryan has not just another good year but another 2-3. Again look at his cap number the Falcons aren’t paying Matt Ryan that much to go away or sit on the bench this season or next, it’s not happening.

I get where you’re coming from and don’t even really disagree with you I’m just telling you the Falcons don’t have the financial flexibility or the belief as an organization that they need a new QB and they wouldn’t draft a top 5 pick at QB to sit for 2-3 years either like GB did with Jordan Love. Falcons need someone who can play now and help the team

I feel like they were lying about not rebuilding to keep us engaged and keep that revenue coming in:lolbron: