Death of The Brotherhood Vol. 1: All Pitts in the Peach State.The 2021 Atlanta Falcons Season Thread

How will the 2021 Falcons do?

• Miss the playoffs

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Make the playoffs

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Make an unexpected Super Bowl run

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • fukk the Aints

Votes: 16 43.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Same way you don’t play your best player on the final drive of the game (Patterson) or the same way you lose multiple leads at home or the same way you give up a 100 yd kickoff return coming out of halftime. Sub par coaching

Is it me or do the players look like they don’t fukk with Coach Smith. He just has this weird, detached relationship with the team. He doesn’t seem like a coach who connects with his players, he’s just about football
Falcon fans are turning on dude already. Dudes dad is a multi-billionaire, seems like he can't relate to many people. Note is that just because you can call plays, doesn't make you a good head coach and leader of men.

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Falcon fans are turning on dude already. Dudes dad is a multi-billionaire, seems like he can't relate to many people. Note is that just because you can call plays, doesn't make you a good head coach and leader of men.

Blank has never hired a head coach or GM with prior experience. This is his fault.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Blank has never hired a head coach or GM with prior experience. This is his fault.

I've been saying to myself that Blank on the outside looks like a good owner but he really isn't

He consistently hires the wrong people

Yea plus Rich McKay has been here 20 years for some reason. I think he’s in Blanks ear about hires

This is solely my opinion but based off of what I know about the organization and the Arthur M Blank Foundation I would imagine Blank has less say so in football decisions than he used to. I think this was a Steve Cannon (CEO at AMB) and Rich McKay hire. Blank is low key a figure head…he trusts his guys to make the hire and he signs off

I’ll be honest I’m tryin to give Smith a chance but I’m having a hard time rn. Didn’t play the starters at all in preseason, questionable feel for the flow of the game, I’m still mad at how we played in the Opening Game at home…just speaks to the level of preparation

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Same way you don’t play your best player on the final drive of the game (Patterson)

I only got to watch bit and pieces of yesterdays game.

But I had this same thought watching that potential game closing drive by the Falcons.

You're (Mike Davis) a pretty sh!tty RB when a WR (Patterson) does your job better than you.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
https://www.audacy.com/929thegame/s...hugh-douglas-responds-to-falcons-dc-dean-pees

This was from last Monday I believe. I forgot to post it last week but it’s been jokes every morning on the Frikie and Hugh Douglas show for the past few weeks. This staff gets in their feelings when someone tells the truth about what they see out there.

Dukes and Bell been criticizing the new coach all year too about not playing starters in the preseason, them putting in players they know aren’t ready and how little they’ve used Pitts.

it’s something to what y’all are saying about the vibe not being right with this guy and how he doesn’t connect with folks. Even when Dan Quinn was losing and had to go on 92.9 every week he was still open and easy to talk to. It’s awkward whenever Arthur Smith is on there now.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
https://www.audacy.com/929thegame/s...hugh-douglas-responds-to-falcons-dc-dean-pees

This was from last Monday I believe. I forgot to post it last week but it’s been jokes every morning on the Frikie and Hugh Douglas show for the past few weeks. This staff gets in their feelings when someone tells the truth about what they see out there.

Dukes and Bell been criticizing the new coach all year too about not playing starters in the preseason, them putting in players they know aren’t ready and how little they’ve used Pitts.

it’s something to what y’all are saying about the vibe not being right with this guy and how he doesn’t connect with folks. Even when Dan Quinn was losing and had to go on 92.9 every week he was still open and easy to talk to. It’s awkward whenever Arthur Smith is on there now.

Good post breh I knew nothing about this. Makes it even more awkward since 92.9 is the radio home and flagship of the Falcons. They get more access to the Falcons than anyone

But I’ll be honest I’m riding with Hugh on this one. Yea it was ugly and we could’ve played better. Hugh did consistently say it was a win but anyone watching that NYG game would agree that it wasn’t a consistently well played game.

More concerning is that our DC has rabbit ears, is listening to talk radio and wasting time being pissed off about it. This is an untalented team that is struggling to adjust to a new coach and coaching staff. Pees needs to focus on coaching these guys up instead of worrying about the morning show on 92.9 The Game

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Good post breh I knew nothing about this. Makes it even more awkward since 92.9 is the radio home and flagship of the Falcons. They get more access to the Falcons than anyone

But I’ll be honest I’m riding with Hugh on this one. Yea it was ugly and we could’ve played better. Hugh did consistently say it was a win but anyone watching that NYG game would agree that it wasn’t a consistently well played game.

More concerning is that our DC has rabbit ears, is listening to talk radio and wasting time being pissed off about it. This is an untalented team that is struggling to adjust to a new coach and coaching staff. Pees needs to focus on coaching these guys up instead of worrying about the morning show on 92.9 The Game

Dukes took up for Hugh today basically saying the same thing you are.

I didn’t even know the Falcons are allowing the most points per game this year and are top ten in yards allowed..he has bigger things to worry about like you said

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

Oh shyt, Hugh was pissed. It's some weird beef brewing between 92.9 the game and the Falcons coaching staff. I'll be very interested to see where this goes. They all pretty much say, without saying that Arthur Smith is a weirdo, who the players don't fukk with. They can't just outright say it, but it's easy to read between the lines. I'll be tuned in.

giphy.gif