Dear Coli Experts: Beginner Fighting Questions

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
How long have you trained?

It’s crazy to think that a punch performed with upper body comes from your legs.

How Sway? Which is also why I used to get confused hearing people talking about legs being important. I thought they were talking about for kicks…:mjlol::russ:
Weight distribution and transfer of force. Youre putting your entire body into the punch starting at the legs.

Now as far as untrained folk go, theres a lot of variables that go into KO power, but the biggest difference is those who put their weight into the punches and those who simply arm punch

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Kind of have to decide what type of martial arts you want to do as well. Boxing is wayyyyyyyyy different than MMA striking wise. Don't murder me mma nikkas but on average whenever I see those cats outside of the tippy top level they have zero head movement to the point I'm curious do they even train that in mma gyms. I saw some UFC fight with two green haired nikkas and one just walked through about 234 shots never moving off the line. I was like does his corner not care or him at all, thats years off breh life easily :dwillhuh:

All your punching power comes from your legs in boxing so proper form and balance is important unless you just fukking huge arm punches aint really the way to go and only will really be effective against someone you already bigger than. I'm one of the lighter cats at my gym and spar against dudes 30-50 lbs bigger than me nad its rough and you got to get slick fast or have some get the fukk off me power or you'll get bullied fast.

also if you do intend to train with the intention of actually learning to fight you will have to spar no if ands or buts. Anyone can look nice on a bag or pads. And be prepared to be sore/hurt a lot. ocmes with the territory :yeshrug:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
What are some things a man should consider when they're really tall?

I'm approaching 40....still look young but I can feel myself getting :flabbynsick:

I'm trying to get into some kind of physical combat fitness , boxing, kickboxing etc

I'm tall tho ..6'7....clocking in at 251 but I'm carrying an extra covid 25

Got that tall lanky physique... more importantly I'm starting to feel pains and aches...my core strength and flexibility and coordination is very weak

Cardio is gonna be ya best friend breh. No matter what discipline legs are gonna be important. For lankier fighters technique becomes key since you’re also fighting physics as well, because it will take you longer to punch.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
:laff:Somebody somewhere in the world…won’t know you are trolling. And they are gonna take this to heart and go out there and get fukked up.

On film.
street-fight-punch.gif

Look what you did sir. Smh
Pull counter

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What are some things a man should consider when they're really tall?

I'm approaching 40....still look young but I can feel myself getting :flabbynsick:

I'm trying to get into some kind of physical combat fitness , boxing, kickboxing etc

I'm tall tho ..6'7....clocking in at 251 but I'm carrying an extra covid 25

Got that tall lanky physique... more importantly I'm starting to feel pains and aches...my core strength and flexibility and coordination is very weak
Unrelated but look into knees over toes guy