Deandre Jordan spurns Mavs. *Update Apologizes to Cuban/Mavs*Update Cuban still mad*

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The other owners would be on his side in this case :snoop:

Dude you stupid as fukk if you think that the league (29 owners excluding Cuban) would agree with Cuban suing another owner. Are you crazy.....that would be the equivalent of a Ford facility in Detroit suing a Ford facility in north Carolina because they backed out of an agreement to transfer product to the Detroit facility. Now if Cuban complains about the moratorium and the rest of the owners agree then the rule will be changed. But suing the clippers owner.....please them owners ain't going for that especially after the sterling incident and ballmer bailed them out.

These owners and leagues are one entity with separate teams (facilities) working for a common goal and that is to grow the league and make money for the league as a whole.

An owner suing other owners is frowned on and that is why the NFL owners always fukked with Al Davis cause he was always suing them. Cuban better tread lightly on this matter.

I will give him this he has toned the shyt down from where he was a few years ago especially after MLB shut his ass out from buying the cubs. I think the incident helped him chill the fukk up and watch his mouth.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why would 29 other owners care what happened to Mark Cuban...

You think these guys are all friends?

Right now Portland is offering Enes Kanter a max contract for no other reason than to force OKC to commit 70 million dollars to a player and drive up their committed money...

Does that sound like something friends do to each other :dahellwhat:

Mark Cuban fukking went to the league and complained when the Lakers were going to get Chris Paul saying it was unfair and did everything he did to keep it from happening...and actually succeeded :dahellwhat:

You think that is what friends do to each other...you think the lakers front office or the buss family forgot about that...you think they in a hurry to rush to the aid of a dude that kept them from getting a top flight point guard :dahellwhat:

You must be 12 years old or something...

These dudes are as ruthless and cutthroat as it get's...

The 76ers just got through fleecing Sacremento for draft picks after reports came out that Vlade didn't understand all the rules surrounding trades and free agents...:dahellwhat:

You think people like that are going to come to the defense of Mark Cuban...

Matter fact...go ahead and post one word from an owner supporting mark cuban in what happened...

I'll wait.:yeah ok:

Actually many of the owners don't like Cuban. But as you saw with sterling it is very hard to kick an owner out the league and it takes the other 29 owners to vote on it. Owning a sports team is incredibly exclusive. You have to have the right money and background and many will argue you need to be the right color.

Let's not forget Cubans mouth was the reason MLB did not sell the cubs to him. Baseball owners are some of the most conservative in sports and they deemed Cuban to be a malcontent. Luckily for Cuban the NBA owners aren't as conservative and Cuban did not have a track record at the time he purchased the Mavs.

Now in saying all of that the owners will circle the wagons if they are attacked from the outside. But they do not like when one owner goes off the playbook and starts attacking other owners publically. Anyone old enough to see the shyt the NFL use to do to Al Davis for suing them or making owners meetings a mockery with his voting understands this.

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DJ should've took took Cuban's call. Got to be a man about sh*t like this. He should even do a press conference and at least do the cliche thing and say good things about Cuban and the Mavs.

I know everybody got a good kick out of the entertainment factor but it should've have came to this. Clipps fans were pissed cause Tyson Chandler ended up going to the Suns and we couldn't do a sign and trade and had no back up plan which was on Doc. So either us or the Mavs were gonna be f*cked. Plus after LMA put an add in the Portland paper thanking the city, fans, and team for their support then we were like, Is DJ gonna at least thank Doc and his teammates at least:what: But then he never even had a statement or tweet saying, "Dallas I'm coming, get ready!!" or something to that effect. Then on his Twitter page his cover photo is still him in his Clipper jersey... long story short this dude was never ever going to Dallas. But he should've taken Cuban's call or make a statement just to be real about it.
100% agree
you free to change your mind of course but you got to recognize that you gave your word on something and broke it. Acknowledge it via a brief ad or press conference or something

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Hold on... I just heard a TMZ report about this nikka lying and telling Cuban that he was out on a date the night he reneged. :mjlol:

I get it... You have second thoughts. But there is no reason a grown ass man should lie if this is true.

I read the note Cuban posted and I have no idea how any self respecting man can come on here and defend what Deandre did. I know its the coli, and a lot of these cats have to overcompensate for their lack of real world discourse by coming here and turning the most trivial of stories (like this) into something like Deandre Jordan being some kind of freedom fighter for players everywhere :mjlol: That note is downright embarrassing. How are you texting a man all weekend, telling him how happy you are to be there, talking about the players you want to bring in, and then you change your mind (which is perfectly fine) but then don't have the heart to even send a text message to say look I appreciate everything you guys have done for me but i'm going back to LA?

Lil Wango

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
LA
I read the note Cuban posted and I have no idea how any self respecting man can come on here and defend what Deandre did. I know its the coli, and a lot of these cats have to overcompensate for their lack of real world discourse by coming here and turning the most trivial of stories (like this) into something like Deandre Jordan being some kind of freedom fighter for players everywhere :mjlol: That note is downright embarrassing. How are you texting a man all weekend, telling him how happy you are to be there, talking about the players you want to bring in, and then you change your mind (which is perfectly fine) but then don't have the heart to even send a text message to say look I appreciate everything you guys have done for me but i'm going back to LA?
self respecting man? next time you get fired from a job, see if whitey give you the same courtesy you asking of a basketball player

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

At first i was thinking its probably generational but me and you and probably 75% of the Coli are about the same age or very close to the age of some of these players.

I personally think its an upbringing/enviromental thing. And I'm not talking about the old "fatherless" argument. I just think that a lot of these dudes have been told from birth that they are the best thing since sliced bread and everyone has held there hand along the way. I think that leaves them completely unprepared to deal with real life situations like mediation and confrontation.

I always go back to Wade's wedding and how it was said that LeBron avoided Riley becuz of the awkwardness of the situation. Zo had to go and tell him to speak but he was basically scared. :dahell: Scared of what? :what: being a man?

Serious question to everyone in this thread. Is it really that difficult to address these kinds of situations? I'm honestly asking. I've been to combat twice. My last deployment was logistics. :heh: . I feel like there's no situation I can't address becuz I don't feel like I have anything to lose. Does that make me too bold?

There's so much more i have to say but I'll leave it there.