'Deadpool & Wolverine' | July 26th, 2024 | Hugh Jackman back as Wolverine

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
After a Decade plus of some MCU fans hating on Fox's "X-Men" Series. I am getting a kick out of this film now being called the "Savior" of the MCU. Funny how the tables turn. I do believe this was the direction Fox may have gone anyway since Deadpool and Wolverine do have a long history. Interesting they are going the "Time Variant" route to keep the "Logan" story intact. I think it's going to do very well. "Deadpool" films were very successful, this one shoud be no different. Plus the with the July slot it should clean up in August.

Wolverine_%26_Deadpool_104.jpg
As a person who loved a majority of the 20th Century Fox X-Men films, I love it. The irony is absolutely delicious. I think I’ll thoroughly enjoy this upcoming film, but the MCU's penchant for for bringing back veteran actors in iconic superhero roles, such as those in Spider-Man: No Way Home, Deadpool, and Wolverine, as well as the possibility of Wesley Snipes' return as Blade, really makes me wonder about the franchise's confidence in new talent/characters to carry the brand forward. The multiverse concept serves as a narrative crutch to support this strategy. I guess we’ll see as time goes on.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
After a Decade plus of some MCU fans hating on Fox's "X-Men" Series. I am getting a kick out of this film now being called the "Savior" of the MCU. Funny how the tables turn. I do believe this was the direction Fox may have gone anyway since Deadpool and Wolverine do have a long history. Interesting they are going the "Time Variant" route to keep the "Logan" story intact. I think it's going to do very well. "Deadpool" films were very successful, this one shoud be no different. Plus the with the July slot it should clean up in August.

same thing happened with the no way home. nerds on here had some revisionist hate for the raimi films yet were hyped about that film because of the homages to far superior fims that weren't shot in a walmart parking lot in Atlanta

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
same thing happened with the no way home. nerds on here had some revisionist hate for the raimi films yet were hyped about that film because of the homages to far superior fims that weren't shot in a walmart parking lot in Atlanta

I got negged to oblivion for shytting on No Way Home and Sony for trying to hijack the MCU.

I really don’t get the point of Disney buying Fox if it was just going to use the same characters. Deadpool 1, and two never came close to doing $1 billion and despite all the praise Logan got, none of the stand alone Wolverine movies came close either.

But they some how thinks this movie is going to “save” the MCU. :snoop:

This fan service bullshyt is going to be the death of the MCU. They are diluting the brand.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide

Fox xmen movies were hit or miss at best. But this will help mcu so both are true

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
As a person who loved a majority of the 20th Century Fox X-Men films, I love it. The irony is absolutely delicious. I think I’ll thoroughly enjoy this upcoming film, but the MCU's penchant for for bringing back veteran actors in iconic superhero roles, such as those in Spider-Man: No Way Home, Deadpool, and Wolverine, as well as the possibility of Wesley Snipes' return as Blade, really makes me wonder about the franchise's confidence in new talent/characters to carry the brand forward. The multiverse concept serves as a narrative crutch to support this strategy. I guess we’ll see as time goes on.
The newer talent has big shoes to fill but marvel been making questionable decisions lately and that’s why they are in this situation now

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

When you look at what X-MEN 97 is doing, the movies WERE :trash: and under-budgeted

X-men simply have better stories and dynamics than The Avengers. That is why people want them in the MCU.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I'm thinking those scenes with the antman skull and them being in what looks like a barren wasteland is the actual Old Man Logan Universe