DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I just came back from watching this movie not too long ago and here are my thoughts

The opening sequence was weird to me. They crammed way too much information into a few minutes. That could have been fleshed out more and handled better.

How did Intergang take over Kahndaq? Intergang is a crime syndicate. They're not a nation so how did they strong arm their way into Kahndaq? The movie said the occupation lasted 27 years but how did it start in the first place? The United States let an international crime syndiciate that's largely based in Metropolis take over a country that's rich with a rare resource and did nothing? :mjlol:

This movie really dropped the ball with the whole Intergang thing. They didn't explain Intergang, how the occupation began, or even the effects of the occupation. Outside of the checkpoints this movie didn't show Intergang doing anything really oppressive to Kahndaq's citizens. I would have liked to see more examples of Intergang's brutality and how it effected the day to day lives of Kahndaq's residents. That would have made the whole "fighting against the oppressor" theme hit harder if they'd shown more actual examples of oppression.

The JSA working with Amanda Waller was a head scratcher to me. Every time Amanda Waller has appeared in the DCEU she's been manipulative and her goals are always shady. I'm sure Dr. Fate or Hawkman knew about her past actions. Matter of fact, Amanda Waller has the Suicide Squad, in universe what would she even need to contact the JSA for? She could just assemble a team herself, but I digress :patrice:

Hawkman looked cool af in costume and out of costume. His outfits were on point :wow: Dr. Fate looked cool af too. I feel like Dr. Fate was under utilized in this film, but then again he wasn't the main attraction. Atom Smasher looked cool but he didn't really do much, he was just comic relief for the most part. Cyclone kinda felt out of place. Her actress was fine as hell on screen but I guess I just expected more from elemental powers. She was tech support though.

Amon was annoying as hell. He was easily the worst part of this movie to me. Most of the times when he appeared on screen I was rolling my eyes. They could have really cut his screen time in half and focused more on the actual plot.

Ishmael relationship with Intergang didn't make sense. Was he their leader in Kahndaq? Was he just high up in their ranks? Did Intergang know about his intentions with Sabbac's crown? Intergang helped him retrieve the crown but his goal was clearly to supplant them once he got power. That's a major conflict of interest. Also, Intergang just magically vanished after Amon got rescued. They didn't appear in the movie again, not even when the JSA returned to the Kahndaq. There's no way a 27 year occupation ended that quickly :dead:

in the post-crisis universe Amon and Adrian were brother and sister but the DCEU changed them into mother and son. I have a strong feeling that they'll inherit a portion of Black Adam's powers like they did in the comics and become Osiris and Isis. That situation ended badly, though. I wonder if the DCEU would be willing to take the same route which would lead to WW3. It'd be amazing to witness Black Adam fukking up the superhero community on the big screen :wow:

All in all this movie was heavy on the action, which I loved. This movie had Black Adam fukking shyt up and displaying his powers damn near every time he was on screen. The plot wasn't the best, but it wasn't terrible either. The jokes were hit and miss but overall this was a very enjoyable movie. fukk what the critics are talking about. I pretty much got what I expected from the trailers which was a bunch of action and cool flashy shyt :yeshrug:
Peacemaker’s finale may have something to do with why Waller is involved with the JSA.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
movie was decent but geez it was nothing but a CGI beat ‘em up.. zero storyline.. within the 1st 20 minutes they established how powerful he was and just kept repeating that throughout the movie

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

:jbhmm: SO THE SAME CRITICS
THAT PRAISED SHE HULK
ARE PANNING BLACK ADAM?

:devil:
:evil:

Most of the critiques I've seen have to do with the rushed pacing and the side characters. Basically not enough Rock.

Much like Thor Love & Thunder it's all over the place and moves way too fast. Nothing really sticks. It's a good enough story done a disservice by a bad edit.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Most of the critiques I've seen have to do with the rushed pacing and the side characters. Basically not enough Rock.

BREAUGH THIS shyt HAS
A 43% ROTTEN TOMATOES
RIGHT NOW WITH 197 REVIEWS.
YET HAS A FAN SCORE OF 88%.

THOR HAS A 64% FOR COMPARISON.

WHATS REALLY GOING ON?

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Much like Thor Love & Thunder it's all over the place and moves way too fast. Nothing really sticks. It's a good enough story done a disservice by a bad edit.

Yea…. For a movie called “Black Adam”

I was surprised how much he was off screen at times.

Felt like this really could’ve just been a JLA movie

I mean he disappeared for like long scenes. Hell his first appearance wasn’t like till maybe 15-20 mins into the movie

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

BREAUGH THIS shyt HAS
A 43% ROTTEN TOMATOES
RIGHT NOW WITH 197 REVIEWS.
YET HAS A FAN SCORE OF 88%.

THOR HAS A 64% FOR COMPARISON.

WHATS REALLY GOING ON?

That means the majority of reviews didn't rock with it. Happens to a lot of films