DC's "Black Adam" (Oct. 21, 2022)

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I haven't seen the movie, can someone let me know which Hawkman backstory they went with please.

Edit: I also want to know if they have the Tower of Fate in the movie. Only two things I want spoiled.

Last edited:

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
This movie was exactly what I expected and I wasn’t disappointed at all :obama:

You can tell this movie was suppose to be R-rated because Black Adam was on that :demonic: shyt the entire movie. You can also tell The Rock REALLY liked Zack Synder’s movies with the amount of slow motion used during the action scenes. Even with the cinematography.

Since Rock convinced the WB executives too…
bring back the Henry Cavill Superman

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if down the line he manages to mend the burned bridge between Synder and WB and he brings him back to the DCEU for his movies.

If Rock can do that…:wow:

But other than that. I enjoyed this movie for what it is and a step in the right direction..
😍If the Rock can bring Snyder the Gawd back.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Hawkgirl been populat since JL and JLU
Fixed especially when John took her mask off:banderas:

maxresdefault.jpg

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i'm watching it now, and gotta say, this is "Deja Vu: The Movie." sucks for them, b/c it's not awful or anything, it just literally feels like
every single character and action sequence has essentially been done on film already in another comic movie

i know that's how comics work, and for all i know Dr. Fate predates Dr. Strange by 40 years, but no one cares that Hydrox was available before Oreo.

there are also some extremely intrusive music cues in this movie. not Suicide Squad bad, but they just toss popular songs in randomly and they're loud as fukk

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I haven't seen the movie, can someone let me know which Hawkman backstory they went with please.

Edit: I also want to know if they have the Tower of Fate in the movie. Only two things I want spoiled.
They don't really go into anyone's backstories like that. That's one of my only criticisms of the movie, you know little to nothing about the characters (outside of Adam) going in and coming out. I think everyone got a sentence of exposition and that's it, just like they did in Suicide Squad.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Hopefully this will be like BVS. Critics hate it and fans love it. This is the best cgi that I've seen in a minute. Marvel or DC. Was there corny dialogue. Yes, but that's expected. Only thing who was beyond annoying was the son.

His initial convo with Black Adam was so unrealistic. Ngga, Black Adam could have destroyed him in a millisec and this brat was still running his mouth.

This felt like heavily influenced by Captain America: Civil War with the action scenes, group fights, etc. Solid B + for me. I'm just debating whether it's better then Wonder Women to me. It could be. If it, it's the best non Superman, Batman movie

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I do wonder if the lack of lgbtq characters got critics in they feelings. That 'genda.

Really? Cuz I saw a press run and I could’ve sword that the Red Hurricane person was a tranny?

Or maybe they got a real tranny to play the role, but I know LGBGT was mentioned in one of the press runs

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
I just came back from watching this movie not too long ago and here are my thoughts

The opening sequence was weird to me. They crammed way too much information into a few minutes. That could have been fleshed out more and handled better.

How did Intergang take over Kahndaq? Intergang is a crime syndicate. They're not a nation so how did they strong arm their way into Kahndaq? The movie said the occupation lasted 27 years but how did it start in the first place? The United States let an international crime syndiciate that's largely based in Metropolis take over a country that's rich with a rare resource and did nothing? :mjlol:

This movie really dropped the ball with the whole Intergang thing. They didn't explain Intergang, how the occupation began, or even the effects of the occupation. Outside of the checkpoints this movie didn't show Intergang doing anything really oppressive to Kahndaq's citizens. I would have liked to see more examples of Intergang's brutality and how it effected the day to day lives of Kahndaq's residents. That would have made the whole "fighting against the oppressor" theme hit harder if they'd shown more actual examples of oppression.

The JSA working with Amanda Waller was a head scratcher to me. Every time Amanda Waller has appeared in the DCEU she's been manipulative and her goals are always shady. I'm sure Dr. Fate or Hawkman knew about her past actions. Matter of fact, Amanda Waller has the Suicide Squad, in universe what would she even need to contact the JSA for? She could just assemble a team herself, but I digress :patrice:

Hawkman looked cool af in costume and out of costume. His outfits were on point :wow: Dr. Fate looked cool af too. I feel like Dr. Fate was under utilized in this film, but then again he wasn't the main attraction. Atom Smasher looked cool but he didn't really do much, he was just comic relief for the most part. Cyclone kinda felt out of place. Her actress was fine as hell on screen but I guess I just expected more from elemental powers. She was tech support though.

Amon was annoying as hell. He was easily the worst part of this movie to me. Most of the times when he appeared on screen I was rolling my eyes. They could have really cut his screen time in half and focused more on the actual plot.

Ishmael relationship with Intergang didn't make sense. Was he their leader in Kahndaq? Was he just high up in their ranks? Did Intergang know about his intentions with Sabbac's crown? Intergang helped him retrieve the crown but his goal was clearly to supplant them once he got power. That's a major conflict of interest. Also, Intergang just magically vanished after Amon got rescued. They didn't appear in the movie again, not even when the JSA returned to the Kahndaq. There's no way a 27 year occupation ended that quickly :dead:

in the post-crisis universe Amon and Adrian were brother and sister but the DCEU changed them into mother and son. I have a strong feeling that they'll inherit a portion of Black Adam's powers like they did in the comics and become Osiris and Isis. That situation ended badly, though. I wonder if the DCEU would be willing to take the same route which would lead to WW3. It'd be amazing to witness Black Adam fukking up the superhero community on the big screen :wow:

All in all this movie was heavy on the action, which I loved. This movie had Black Adam fukking shyt up and displaying his powers damn near every time he was on screen. The plot wasn't the best, but it wasn't terrible either. The jokes were hit and miss but overall this was a very enjoyable movie. fukk what the critics are talking about. I pretty much got what I expected from the trailers which was a bunch of action and cool flashy shyt :yeshrug:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Can’t even like the movie the way I want cuz that kid was beyond annoying he brought the movie down for me :snoop:
For me yes action happens and that dweeb opens his mouth with shytty dialogue fukked up the flow and vibe for me
Cut him out movie then we talking :blessed:
Of course I’m not exaggerating but it was a solid movie nonetheless I need a 2nd viewing to know how I really feel
Wasn’t in right mind watching movie so it effected my viewing on it