Days Gone creator claims game sold around 10 mil and Sony still passed on sequel *UPDATE* False

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Update- [1/06] They went back on David Jaffe’s podcast seems it was all misinterpreted (surprise)

Jeff Ross and John Garvin are on Jaffe's stream. Jeff clarified his tweet a little. The way he seems to explain it, is that local management in Bend didn't want Days Gone 2. Apparently Bend management didn't even push the pitch to the higher levels of WWS to people like Hulst. Garvin and Ross also confirmed that Naughty Dog North support studio stuff from the Schreier article was over-exaggerated and wasn't that close to the truth. Apparently Bend sent team members to Sucker Punch to help on Ghost, and to Naughty Dog to help on projects. They said that this was standard practice in the industry. When a team is done with a project and doesn't have a lot of work on their hands, they get sent to other parts of the company to help. Ross and Garvin seem positive on Sony overall, especially when it came to creative freedom. Ross's main issue seems to be with management at Bend not pushing Days Gone. Just thought it's been pretty good context to the topic.

Edit* Garvin made the point that Sony doesn't really do the support studio structure, at least while he was there, they are more likely to just shutter the studio, then change their identity into a support team.

Jeff Ross said on the podcast that the sale numbers are based on gamstat (an old website which uses trophy data to estimate sales figures), and it seems the PC numbers are from SteamSpy. He never had access to executive level sales data.

Odds are this shyt sold no where close to 8 million

:dead:

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
The director was weak for a aaa first party. Camera cuts and dialogue was awkward at times.

Project Pooch

All Star
Daps
How many similar open world games will PS have?

Spider man
Horizon
Ghost of Tsushima
Days Gone
Wolverines?
Miles morales?

even god of war open world lol.

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
This has been on my backlog for a min. I'm still in the early stages but I've heard mixed things. I'd rather find out for myself since it feels like mad max (game) with zombies.