Day Shift | Discussion Thread

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I was pretty impressed with the production value. A lot of these netflix joints are serviceable to good with shootouts and gunplay but are straight cheeks when it comes to supernatural/superhuman action scenes. Thought this movie did both very well.

This movie was enjoyable.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
If you don't take it too serious, it's a fun little movie. Was kind of shocked at how bad some of the effects were for a modern day Jamie Foxx movie. Wonder what the budget was.

Carrera Lu

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jerz
Just got around to it. A dope weekend flick. I liked that the plot was so simple just "I need bread NOW! My bm trippin and my daughter need braces." not no chosen one save the world or out for revenge type steez.

Loved the lore/world building, had fun characters, fire choreo/kills. I hope it's successful enough to get a sequel or spin off series or something and up the budget for the effects.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If you don't take it too serious, it's a fun little movie. Was kind of shocked at how bad some of the effects were for a modern day Jamie Foxx movie. Wonder what the budget was.
The combat was A1. The VFX were hit or miss, and the color work was too saturated IMO.

Just going off of 1 viewing, I would say they didn't spend top dollar for VFX or whoever colored this

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
My favorite kill in this was when the little cac brother said "I need one!" then the big cac brother tossed a single bullet that the lil cac brother caught in the chamber of his gun and shot it right in a vamp's forehead.
waARSeV.gif