David O' Russell's 'Amsterdam' set to lose $97 million for Regency Enterprises

Conz

Superstar
Daps
what the hell is the genre of American Hustle and Amsterdam? they're like these kinda wacky psuedo-mysteries, but the mystery isn't even kinda interesting and wackiness feels like it's coming from someone who isn't even kinda funny and working way outside of his comfort zone.

the funniest thing in both movies was Taylor Swift being shoved under a moving car

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
every idea Guillermo del Toro has sounds absolutely incredible... then 6 of them get cancelled, he makes a movie every 3 years and they're all just kinda ok, I actually like the Hellboys more than all of his recent stuff. Pan's Labyrinth is obviously incredible. i've never gone back to his non-english stuff prior to that, but i know people love the vampire movie at least.

even Cabinet of Curiosities was just kinda ok overall.
Hes one of the most disappointing directors for me. He's talented but his movies don't interest me at all and like you said, his films that got canceled seemed like better ideas then what he puts out.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
what the hell is the genre of American Hustle and Amsterdam? they're like these kinda wacky psuedo-mysteries, but the mystery isn't even kinda interesting and wackiness feels like it's coming from someone who isn't even kinda funny and working way outside of his comfort zone.

the funniest thing in both movies was Taylor Swift being shoved under a moving car

They're trying to get that Woody Allen/Cohen Brothers mixed with "French new wave" shyt and completely shytting the bed.

But because they're not superhero flicks critics fall over themselves for them

Conz

Superstar
Daps
They're trying to get that Woody Allen/Cohen Brothers mixed with "French new wave" shyt and completely shytting the bed.

i guess so. he really does borrow from a bunch of auteurs like that, but the tone is always garbage. i guess that's why basically the only 2 movies of his i like are Three Kings, which i think succeeds b/c the war stuff is well done and the tone is slightly above dramatic, which works. I liked the Fighter too, but that was mostly b/c Christian Bale murdered that movie. Everything else has been a big fat shrug, to garbage for me

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
3 kings wasn't great or memorable I've literally seen that movie once and never had any desire to see it again
i guess so. he really does borrow from a bunch of auteurs like that, but the tone is always garbage. i guess that's why basically the only 2 movies of his i like are Three Kings, which i think succeeds b/c the war stuff is well done and the tone is slightly above dramatic, which works. I liked the Fighter too, but that was mostly b/c Christian Bale murdered that movie. Everything else has been a big fat shrug, to garbage for me

daemonova

Daps
3 kings wasn't great or memorable I've literally seen that movie once and never had any desire to see it again

daemonova

Daps

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Amsterdam got panned