David O' Russell's 'Amsterdam' set to lose $97 million for Regency Enterprises

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Anytime there’s a movie with 10+ A list actors I already know the movie is going to be mid

ts_121113allstar670.jpg

LA%2BLakers%2B2021%2B2022%2BRoster.jpg

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
The author of that article tried to make it sound like audiences and critics were too dumb to get the movie.

Nah the movie is just bad. Wonder if they even saw it.

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These guys don’t get it. These types of movie don’t have a place in the theater landscape anymore. That’s why these people will learn the hard way about trying to be like the pre Covid days and releasing movies in theaters. Covid wasn’t the cause of the movie industries challenges it was an accelerant for the problems that already existed. Streaming had done significant damages to the theater revenue model but it’s also the consumer’s behaviors that has changed as well. People don’t go out to watch these types of films. Most genre films that used to make a decent amount of change in theaters will not be able to do so today. With the economy going the way it is and seeing Marvel push a significant amount of its roster back (which I believe is connected), everybody else needs to be on watch.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
This movie sucked. Me and my dad bailed with 1:20 left and we were like half way thru...it was going fukking nowhere and goodness...this movie was clearly so.proud of itself and it's cast. The story itself sucked, over half way thru. Terrible film...like the worst version of a wes Anderson or PTA movie. These directors need to fukkin get over themselves.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Started watching it on HBOMax before cutting it off about 35 minutes into it. The story was all over the place and it didn't know what it was trying to be

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
These type of flicks when done correctly are phenomenal

Grand Budapest Hotel being the best modern example, or Nightmare Alley (that one bombed but I loved it). French Dispatch for all its flaws kept me interested and intrigued and was funny too. This one was terrible.

Make more shyt like " Boogie Nights" or "Pulp Fiction" or "L.A. Confidential " and folks show up. Even shyt like " Salton Sea", which most folks have never seen but is a DOPE Val Kilmer flick. Or "The Cooler" which might be Alec Baldwin's best performance.

But too often these type of flicks get too "cute" for their own and these actors and directors find themselves so happy to be "artsy" they think they can slap together an "A" cast and literally have nothing happen, make 100 milly and then sweep the awards cause it's "different".

Stop being fukking cute, tell an easy to follow story, mix it with good acting and folks will come. People aren't avoiding these flicks, they're tired of "cute" directors who think they're Woody Allen.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
These guys don’t get it. These types of movie don’t have a place in the theater landscape anymore. That’s why these people will learn the hard way about trying to be like the pre Covid days and releasing movies in theaters. Covid wasn’t the cause of the movie industries challenges it was an accelerant for the problems that already existed. Streaming had done significant damages to the theater revenue model but it’s also the consumer’s behaviors that has changed as well. People don’t go out to watch these types of films. Most genre films that used to make a decent amount of change in theaters will not be able to do so today. With the economy going the way it is and seeing Marvel push a significant amount of its roster back (which I believe is connected), everybody else needs to be on watch.

These type of flicks are much better reserved for streaming. It keeps the budget reasonable and allows for better artistic control and quality.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
shyt sucked, but not as bad as American Hustle fukkin sucks. David O Russell, retire bytch.

what's the consensus on John David Washington? i've only seen a few movies. Thought he was fine in Black Klansman but outside of that, dude doesn't have it. with all the "nepo baby" shyt, i feel like he's actually one of the worst one. not a bad actor per se, he just lacks charisma or something. kind of a block of wood. doesn't have 1/10 the screen presence his dad has. not Scott Eastwood levels of "bleh," but he's not a star.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
They're gonna have to reimagine star driven ensemble films. Spending 100mil on a drama because you have to pay Brad Pitt/Jolie/Denzel/etc large amounts of money isn't gonna cut it. There's a clear path forward for these films, you simply have to cut the budgets.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
shyt sucked, but not as bad as American Hustle fukkin sucks. David O Russell, retire bytch.

what's the consensus on John David Washington? i've only seen a few movies. Thought he was fine in Black Klansman but outside of that, dude doesn't have it. with all the "nepo baby" shyt, i feel like he's actually one of the worst one. not a bad actor per se, he just lacks charisma or something. kind of a block of wood. doesn't have 1/10 the screen presence his dad has. not Scott Eastwood levels of "bleh," but he's not a star.
You called that day one…american hustle aged like milk for real.

Paul Thomas Anderson
Wes Anderson
Guillermo Del Toro
David o russell

Really have a green light to make some really pretentious movies that are all style, all cast, and lack entertainment or in some cases a coherent or engaging story whatsoever. They all have good movies, but their duds are so unspeakably bad, and critics tiptoe around how bad they are (this, licorice pizza, the shape of water, French dispatch). Its borderline criminal Amsterdam and apparently Babylon suck considering their cast…box office aside.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
You called that day one…american hustle aged like milk for real.

Paul Thomas Anderson
Wes Anderson
Guillermo Del Toro
David o russell

Really have a green light to make some really pretentious movies that are all style, all cast, and lack entertainment or in some cases a coherent or engaging story whatsoever. They all have good movies, but their duds are so unspeakably bad, and critics tiptoe around how bad they are (this, licorice pizza, the shape of water, French dispatch). Its borderline criminal Amsterdam and apparently Babylon suck considering their cast…box office aside.

I thought Nightmare Alley was dope as hell.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
and all of their movies seem to get sucked off, no matter what, but i think DoR is starting to finally get backlash b/c everyone thinks he's a cock.

Never been a PTA stan despite some classics. Licorice Pizza was nothing. a nothing movie. i actually like Wes Anderson most of the time. GDT is one of the most talented, yet biggest busts in Hollywood history. seriously, all of his non-made films sound incredible, then we have to waste 3 years on Crimson Peak.