David Jaffe "Spiderman 2: Is Sony Formula Getting Stale" (Update: He Upset)

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“Let’s remove car chase scenes from movies…it’s getting stale”

“Let’s remove fight scenes from movies…it’s getting stale”

“Let’s remove fight scenes from movies…it’s getting stale”

“Let’s remove dialog from movies…it’s getting stale”

Imaging complaining about the above. SevenFail, plus the impending massive sales of Spider-Man 2 got these folks decoupled from logic!!!! Sad!
Imagine arguing down about Sony 1st party games not being movie games and then comparing it to a movies 4 times back to back:mjlol:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Imagine arguing down about Sony 1st party games not being movie games and then comparing it to a movies 4 times back to back:mjlol:
I don’t care about the “movie game” labeling.

I only care about the game being fun, engrossing, and not costing $7 billion yet being rated 7/10 on IGN. One billion per point, we don’t do that.

:yeshrug:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Making a game based on “small and shallow combat spurts” sandwiched between cutscenes and QTE laden set pieces.

Has gotten old to some people. Naughty Dog originated it and perfected it with uncharted and since then sony studios have gone OD trying to follow that formula. Square even turn FF into that style of game.

Obviously lots of people like that style of game, but for some people it’s run its course.
:mjlol: Firstly set pieces been in video games, since Sonic Adventure’s whale chase. Secondly QTEs are an opinion to turn on/off. Thirdly this is a 20 hour game full of gameplay. And you’re complaining about small set pieces sprinkled between. Dudes be complaining just to complain. You’re acting like this is a TellTale game lol.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mjlol: Firstly set pieces been in video games, since Sonic Adventure’s whale chase. Secondly QTEs are an opinion to turn on/off. Thirdly this is a 20 hour game full of gameplay. And you’re complaining about small set pieces sprinkled between. Dudes be complaining just to complain. You’re acting like this is a TellTale game lol.
Sonic adventures set pieces were fully interactive. You literally had the same move set, just crazy shyt was going on around you.

Spider-man set pieces are just movies with QTE

Watch the video @The Mad Titan posted. The dude details how and old ass PS2 spider-man game did a wall climb set pieces better than what was shown for spider-man 2.

Outside of the combat, the game is about as interactive as Telltale game(even less cause you have no effect on the narrative). The majority of your 20 hours of playtime will be spent NOT in combat.

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Sonic adventures set pieces were fully interactive. You literally had the same move set, just crazy shyt was going on around you.

Spider-man set pieces are just movies with QTE

Watch the video @The Mad Titan posted. The dude details how and old ass PS2 spider-man game did a wall climb set pieces better than what was shown for spider-man 2.

Outside of the combat, the game is about as interactive as Telltale game. The majority of your 20 hours of playtime will be spent NOT in combat.
:mjlol:Now I’m starting to think you’re trolling. Especially with the bold lol, so you’re telling me. None of the set pieces in any of these insomniac Spider-Man games. Weren’t fully interactive, and are all just movies.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:Now I’m starting to think you’re trolling. Especially with the bold lol, so you’re telling me. None of the set pieces in any of these insomniac Spider-Man games. Weren’t fully interactive, and are all just movies.
You take Meach's posts seriously? Dudes been this deranged since 2013. Called Uncharted Ryse with guns. Nothing they say is to be taken at face value, just shocking posts that get even more stupider the more you engage with it.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
You take Meach's posts seriously? Dudes been this deranged since 2013. Called Uncharted Ryse with guns. Nothing they say is to be taken at face value, just shocking posts that get even more stupider the more you engage with it.
:russ:Nahh I’m not taking his posts seriously. I been caught on to him a long time ago.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They are on rails and you don’t have any agency over what happens. You don’t have you full move set. You just dodge when they tell you to and hit the correct qte sequence.
Ryse =Set piece, QTE, Movie, combat….repeat= Terrible shallow game, nobody likes QTE

Uncharted=Set piece, QTE, Movie, Combat….repeat=Amazing game best in the industry, That part where i had to mash the x button was so exhilarating.

Sony stan’s :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:russ:Nahh I’m not taking his posts seriously. I been caught on to him a long time ago.
Y’all do this goofy shyt and pretend i’m making stuff up.

This guy lying and making stuff up? One of the biggest Spider-man/sony fans on twitter with the same take as a terrible xbox stan just making shyt up to bother @Fatboi1.

Crazy….:wow: