David Jaffe "Spiderman 2: Is Sony Formula Getting Stale" (Update: He Upset)

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Do you make up your own standards and strawmen to attack.

michael-jordan-yeah.gif

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
So its ok to release the same title every year??? Sony dudes said that shyt was corny when Xbox was doing it... Now its ok?
Yes, it's okay to release the same title every year as long as it's providing entertainment and a story that engages you. It's why I played all the reboot Mortal Kombats, and why I will be playing MK1. And yes, Sony does need some fresh concepts. Spider-Man 2 doesn't need to be one of them. All them Spider-Men need to do is swing through NYC and look slick and sexy while doing it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No one complained about Halo 2 or Gears 2.

When we start looking at Halo 5 and Gears 5 is when the complaints started.
Yet ratchet 15 just dropped and no one had problems.

Uncharted 5 could drop next year and people wouldnt have a thing to say about it being the same as 1-4.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Nah, that’s because those games were all y’all had. Literally only Halo and Gears for decades.

Different scenario.

Looks at Sony recent releases the past couple of years
giphy.gif

See the same fukking titles Horizon God of War Knack Spiderman Rachet Last of Us 19 versions of the same Dyke sheesh

Last edited:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Uncharted 5 could drop next year and people wouldnt have a thing to say about it being the same as 1-4.
Because it had enough changes/innovations it ended up being good. Be it graphics, new game play changes folks still enjoyed and purchased the game.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

So what exactly are you mad about? That Sony knows what their fans want and gives it to them :pachaha:

A Japanese company practicing capitalism better than an American one :wow:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Not every game has to be this genre defining. Innovative experience that’s pushing gaming forward. Do I appreciate the games that does it? Yes…but nothing wrong with just having a great game lol.

Yeah, I don't understand what exactly we're trying to argue here. A whole lot of brehs in here trying to cook are the same ones that have had "It's a Bethesda game" as the first line of defense for anyone who took issue with Starfield. In the end, if the game is fun and engaging, does it matter if if it's another Bethesda game or Spider-Man game?

Also, it's a little shytty to take studios to task for not innovating enough, but then complain about scope creep, and and how AAA game development has become too much of a gamble on huge games with crazy long development cycles.

Just let people play whatever it is they like.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
It seems the primary driver of the game is moving the story forward and visual fidelity.

I'll wait for it to drop, but if it plays similar to miles morales with similar pacing issues, I'll play it later.
How else would it POSSBILY play :mjlol:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why didn’t Gears 5 get the same critical acclaim as Gears 2?
As a fan of the series, the open world sections didn’t hit, that’s not what the series is about.

Also neckbeards didn’t want to play as a female