Albums Dave East - Survival (Discussion Thread)

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I feel you breh, its just that I try to stay impartial and East is mediocre. you could take songs from his projects and compile the best ones and make 2 maybe 3 great albums but you arent going to find them all in one cohesive project. when you present this to East fans or if they say his numbers arent good, then they start come up with these anecdotes about how real lyricists arent appreciated. Spitta aint better than East but in rap circles he is just as popular and every bit if not more successful. he just dont have the huge female following on the gram. and if you talkin bout money, Hopsin said he has millions in the bank and made his first mil years ago and no one knows who the fukk he is either really.
His projects are solid. Again what is the standard? If East is mediocre with projects like Hate Me Now, Kairi Chanel, Beloved, P2, K2 then who the fukk is putting out good rap projects?

Why you mentioning Spitta a nikka that was on fukking Carter II? :dahell:

A nikka making lifestyle music for a large cult niche fanbase. How does it make sense to compare him to East a rapper who dropped his first project that made waves Black Rose in 2014 and was an XXL freshman in 2016? East peers in this shyt are guys like G-Herbo, Kur, Don Q, etc.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you arent following me. I said that is when he is at his best. which obviously I was speaking of this album and previous ones. I posted in the Survival thread that Need A Sign and Mama I Made It was some of his best work. my only issue with the album is it had about 5-6 songs that didnt need to be on there, whether the production was weak or he just seemed to sleep through the entire track with uninspired or run of the mill drug raps and Gucci raps.
So basically you are saying 14 or 15 songs are dope? Sounds like a great project too me