Albums Dave East - Survival (Discussion Thread)

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was only like 3 Trap beats on the whole album tho.

and those shouldve been removed, along with about 2-3 other joints. the album starts out strong. not sure why people dont like the intro, I thought it was perfect lead in. not sure why so many dont like Penthouse with the Nip ad-libs. that was good too. Godftather is great of course but the album starts to rise to a high with Need a Sign. When it gets to Alone, that is one of the most monumental dips in an album I have heard. Horrible stretch until Me and Mines. Devil's Eyes isnt horrible but it is a song you can find on any of Mozzy's projects. the bonus tracks are meh.

there have been A LOT of dope albums that have come out this year. the ones I mostly listen too are the ones you can put on and they flow and you dont have to skip much if at all. just ride right through it. Survival is like getting high then crashing, then starting to feel a little residual high at the end. the middle of the album really kills it and pretty much makes me switch to something else. its a spot album you go through and listen to certain tracks or if you are an East fan, pick joints off for playlist.

its a good album but doesnt make my list as one of the best of the year and this is strictly because of too much filler.

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
The Album is a little too long but it's a solid product. I can see his development as an artist. Nothing drastic but subtle tweaks to his overall song crafting. :obama:

Mama I made It :wow:

I appreciate the biographical direction similar to Book of Ryan. Grown man ny rap :salute:

oO J Smooth Oo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uk
Man, AraabMuzik laced him on this album. “Need a Sign” & “Mama I Made It” are gonna be in the rotation for a minute. I’d like to hear a collab album from them

"Mama I Made It" was a rage against the machine left over, glad it was released though. Budden would of destroyed that beat

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
It's kinda funny how y'all don't have similar artistic requirements for the so called "hot rappers" that be making these hits y'all love shaking ya asses to at the clubs. Talk about generic.....

Dave East "Traumatized" is the definition of a Banger!! I'm still confused how that song didn't get bigger. That's some serious east coast RIDER music right there...

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
East kicks a freestyle about his brother surprised he didn’t make a record

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Smokes and drinks way too much. He’s ruining his vocals.
This nikka smoking a blunt every time I see him :dead:

I’m not sure it’s that since it’s plenty of rappers that’s heavy smokers but don’t got that dramatic voice change

Maybe it’s just age. East was 25 when he came out and he 31 now

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's kinda funny how y'all don't have similar artistic requirements for the so called "hot rappers" that be making these hits y'all love shaking ya asses to at the clubs. Talk about generic.....

Dave East "Traumatized" is the definition of a Banger!! I'm still confused how that song didn't get bigger. That's some serious east coast RIDER music right there...

because there are countless songs with the same beat. yeah he went hard on it but it sounds like the same shyt, hard to differentiate between some of the other that have put out same sounding song.
Need a Sign and Mama I Made It are the gems of this album and two of the best songs East ever made.