Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation Netflix Stand-Up Thread

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Dave is crazy :russ: I preferred Equanimity over Bird Revelation but both of them were great. I especially thought that kick her in the p*ssy punchline scheme was genius :mjlol:

With that said, I have a question. I was wondering how does Dave clear his references of people legally. I mean like when he mentions Nas or Iceberg Slim does he have to get an okay ahead of time. I know if he says something that isn't true they can try to sue for slander or libel. Especially someone like Caitliyn Jenner.

Not sure they can sue.. I'm sure the same laws apply when protecting musicians using others names when recording..

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Just watched both. Equanimity was was classic Chapelle comedy. Bird Revelation was more underground comedy.....more free thoughts, personal opinions. I liked both.

I'd personally like to see Dave do more Bird Revelation type comedy. Alot of people won't appreciate that kind of standup bc he's not making them laugh but I like that he's giving the audience a look into his mind and personal views as a man, not just a comedian.

This collection was deeper bc he got more personal, but I like that, so to me this collection was better than the first but not funnier.

Dope avatar, any chance you can link me with the source?

*Angel*

Frozen Flames Goddess
Daps
Reppin
Goddess power
Dope avatar, any chance you can link me with the source?
Thanx. Don't know who the original artist is but if you Google Black Woman Afro art then the pic comes up when you scroll the options. Your avi is dope too.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
“Bring out OJ Simpson during the super bowl to take a knee.” :russ:

classic.

That analogy he made to sitting his kid down and telling them he hasn't made rent for 4 months and he's scared had me crying. nikka said "Alright, have a good day at school nikka" :deadrose:

:laff:

that shyt hit me where i lived :to:

i had a white girl friend with a pantry at 17 and was like what is this next level shyt :leon:

:laff:

I feel ya, breh. That "Black family who is barely surviving in the suburbs around cacs who are comfortable as fukk" topic is barely touched on. And it's brilliant.

nikkar family was early into the show. The PIxie sketch bothered him a lot. I think it has to do with him being a caricature for racist thoughts and just burn out from the show. He's been open about people walking up to him and saying "RICK JAMES, bytch" in front of his kids and shyt. Probably wanted to get away from hollywood fukkery/celebriality.

I always thought the nikkar Family sketch was brilliant. Still do. Wasn't offended for a second. In fact, I remember when it aired and I was :dead: from the very beginning.

The Pixie sketch sucked from day one. Not necessarily because I was 'offended' but because it felt undercooked.

:laff: Mike wasn't attracting kids, he was stunting on 'em :laff:

How the fukk did no one ever do that joke? :russ:

shyt is brilliant. damn near fell out my chair.

"I don't really fukk with Africa because people are starving and that's not ballin to me":russ:

Chappelle's said A TON of funny shyt in his life, but that right there is top 20 all-time.

"Why not Usher or somebody like this?" :laff:

"Muthafukka, that is a good host. goddamn!!! What else do you want?" :deadrose:

So whats the verdict brehs

First special "Equanimity" is brilliant. A few dud jokes but the vast majority of it is classic Chappelle.

The second special is alright.

Dude's just the goat. it's kinda scary that nobody active that's even seeing him.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Bird Revelation is MUCH better the 2nd time around

Comedy Central = Iceberg Slim
Dave = Bottom bytch
nikkar Family skit = 498 fukk milage
The trick = How CC played him to keep going until he finally left to "join the circus"

LOT of jewels dropped throughout

"These comedians have a responsibility to tlak wreckless, otherwise, my kids will never know how it sounds. They'll never know the joy of being wrong...I didn't come here to be right...I cam here to fukk around." :wow:
:ohhh:
The bolded is the part I was missing/Not able to connect. Makes sense.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I don't really find Chappelle stand up that funny but I gotta keep watching these specials cause of all the hype :francis:
Might watch them both this weekend

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
:mjlol:

People always say this like it's really a possibility. :mjlol:

Those days are long gone, we gotta make due with the reality we live in. Unfortunately I don't see things getting any better any time soon.
Better is relative at this point though. Only way Black people will have it better is by white people being worse off. Imagine running a race and you can only hop on one leg, all the while, obstacles being thrown in your way; while the other person has a 100 yard head start, using both of their legs, with no obstacles. Only possible way for you to catch up and pass them is if the person in the lead loses both of their legs. There has to be a catastrophic shyt in the dynamic. That's why what Dave said was so poignant, he is saying everybody that's getting a check that they don't sign themselves is getting pimped. Athletes, managers, entertainers. It doesn't matter. Dave was able to break free because he has once in a generation talent and his ability to earn a living is based solely on his skillset and his alone. Dave tried to tell yall years ago that Hollywood was sick.