Date #2

N711oir

All Star
Daps
Well there's dating and then there is charity. You've fullfilled your charitable obligations for 2015:russ:.

I would just do a better job vetting potentials out over the phone or via text next time. To try to weed out undesirables and phsyco paths :demonic:. But if you are trying to just get rust off. By all means have fun choose locations where you have home field advantage and feel comfortable, your favorite restaurants? If you enjoy dancing or not:leon: this will help subside those jitters allow you to have fun and hopefully see these people for who they are despite their flaws. And did you eject the kiss :dead:

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Well there's dating and then there is charity. You've fullfilled your charitable obligations for 2015:russ:.

I would just do a better job vetting potentials out over the phone or via text next time. To try to weed out undesirables and phsyco paths :demonic:. But if you are trying to just get rust off. By all means have fun choose locations where you have home field advantage and feel comfortable, your favorite restaurants? If you enjoy dancing or not:leon: this will help subside those jitters allow you to have fun and hopefully see these people for who they are despite their flaws. And did you eject the kiss :dead:

Hahahahahaha. You're right. Thanks :smile:
I did reject the kiss, if you thought it was awkward before, that took it over the TOP. :snoop:

dajoker69

Pro
Daps
Like I told you last time you should have chalked him up as a learning experience. When the issue of not knowing about the child came up that was a definite clue right there. You are too anxious on a date to see clearly. You act like you are on the price is right trying to win a car when you go on a date. calm down. and until you do, all your dates are gonna be jacked up. there are too many people in the world and you are too old to be anxious. now dont take that the wrong way. i dont know how old you are. what im saying is you are acting like you are in the 9th grade and the senior quarterback is taking you out.

i have seen a few of your post that you have started and you seem to be slipping down that Lifetime, Tyler Perry, Iyanla road. If you dont know what that means ask and i will elaborate.

I am sure you are a beautiful vivacious high spirited young lady that has her priorities in order. like i also said earlier stop looking for what you are trying to find.

when i comment on your posts i will not feed you some bullshyt. i will not disrespect you. what i will do is give it to you 100 so dont take anything i say as me picking at you or janking with you. i am being dead serious.

good luck. stay beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving.

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. You know more about dating Carribean men than a woman who was raised there. What is @Jisselle talking about?

Yes, a lot of people have more experience dating that me. I was married for years. :manny:
Dating game has changed.

Like I told you last time you should have chalked him up as a learning experience. When the issue of not knowing about the child came up that was a definite clue right there. You are too anxious on a date to see clearly. You act like you are on the price is right trying to win a car when you go on a date. calm down. and until you do, all your dates are gonna be jacked up. there are too many people in the world and you are too old to be anxious. now dont take that the wrong way. i dont know how old you are. what im saying is you are acting like you are in the 9th grade and the senior quarterback is taking you out.

i have seen a few of your post that you have started and you seem to be slipping down that Lifetime, Tyler Perry, Iyanla road. If you dont know what that means ask and i will elaborate.

I am sure you are a beautiful vivacious high spirited young lady that has her priorities in order. like i also said earlier stop looking for what you are trying to find.

when i comment on your posts i will not feed you some bullshyt. i will not disrespect you. what i will do is give it to you 100 so dont take anything i say as me picking at you or janking with you. i am being dead serious.

good luck. stay beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving.

Appreciate your advice. I was anxious not as in excited, as in anxiety. I haven't put myself out there in awhile and I was just nervous. Lesson learnt.

Strawberry

Big Rufus is gonna give me a daughter named Apple
Daps
Reppin
Montreal/Jamaica
Ok, so I took all suggestions. I talked, asked about the kid, etc. He said they share custody, so 3 days on and 3 days off. His Mom helps him quite a bunch and he loves his baby very much. He talked about his relationship with the mom basically saying they were trying for quite some time and after the baby she dipped on him. He said she was upset that he didn't get her anything when the baby was born and that he never did anything romantic including complimenting her and taking her on dates, etc.
He just went on and on and on about her, and everything he talked about was in relation. He seemed very bitter. Idk, it just wasn't a fun time for me. He tried to kiss me in the car. I'm working on my "let down gently" text.
:huhldup:

I feel bad for the dude. He shouldn't be layin all that on the table on a second date unless you were asking.

:mjlol: @ him tellin you that his baby mama was mad at him cuz he didn't buy her gifts or do anything special/romantic. How are you supposed to want a future with him if you know you ain't ever gonna get shyt and have no romance?

Not like I'm encouraging anyone to be materialistic...I think it's sad to have a baby with someone and break up with them over something so materialistic, but it's nice to have romance and little surprises in relationships. Someone showing they love/care about you in other ways than kissing/sex = :ohlawd:

You know that you got a keeper :blessed:

Knowing that there will be no romance or sweet gestures on his behalf is disappointing...nothing to look forward to.

But good for him for trying to get himself out there anyways. He's clearly damaged goods and needs a friend.

At the very least maybe you could be a friend to chill with and get his mind off the shytty things in his life.

You're not obligated to do this but since you work together anyways it would be best to stay friends as to avoid those awkward times when you have to see/interact with each other at work.

That shyt is the worst! :snoop:

Exactly. You know more about dating Carribean men than a woman who was raised there. What is @Jisselle talking about?

It's true I get along easily/naturally with Caribbean men because we share a similar vibe but
I don't think this is about me knowing more than her about dating Caribbean men.

I would do this on a date with any guy.

It's normal to get nervous before a date, especially if you've been off the dating scene for a long time. For me the best way to deal with jitters/nervousness is to smoke a spliff and have a drink (putting on music I like helps too). And in general, the best way of dealing with people, especially when it comes to dating/love is just to be yourself.

:myman:

Maybe dude doesnt know how to clean the fish or they could have been press for time

Don't know how to clean the fish? But he suggested fishing as an activity? I don't think so :comeon:

Rushed/pressed for time on a date? :why:

It's a date not a damn job interview. If you're feelin each other you'll make time.
:umad:

Yes, a lot of people have more experience dating that me. I was married for years. :manny:
Dating game has changed

It's not about me having more dating experience than you it's about knowing that being yourself is the best possible choice you can make, especially when it involves love/dating.

Just keep it 100 at all times. It makes life so much easier!

Last edited:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Ok, so I took all suggestions. I talked, asked about the kid, etc. He said they share custody, so 3 days on and 3 days off. His Mom helps him quite a bunch and he loves his baby very much. He talked about his relationship with the mom basically saying they were trying for quite some time and after the baby she dipped on him. He said she was upset that he didn't get her anything when the baby was born and that he never did anything romantic including complimenting her and taking her on dates, etc.
He just went on and on and on about her, and everything he talked about was in relation. He seemed very bitter. Idk, it just wasn't a fun time for me. He tried to kiss me in the car. I'm working on my "let down gently" text.

But did y'all catch any fish?