"Darkness, No Parents."-The Official Top 10 Movies and Top 5 Worst Movies of 2014 Voting ends 2/25

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Most of it was the writing, especially with Lucy, Annabelle, and Hobbit.
I found myself thinking that I could write better scenes and dialogue then what i was watching.

I didn't see Lucy so I can't speak for it but a child could've written better dialogue in the hobbit. Man..that movie. I'm still recovering

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I didn't see Lucy so I can't speak for it but a child could've written better dialogue in the hobbit. Man..that movie. I'm still recovering

Take the action out of some of those movies and you have nothing..
And that was I was thinking when I watch Transformers and the Hobbit.
You still need a story to go along with the action in the film, and they didn't have it.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Take the action out of some of those movies and you have nothing..
And that was I was thinking when I watch Transformers and the Hobbit.
You still need a story to go along with the action in the film, and they didn't have it.

I guess I expected that from Transformers though but the reason it's on my list is because it was boring. Just so damn boring

One more thing about a most violent year, I love the idea of a character trying to be the one "good" person in a world where no one else is, even his wife. That's a nice internal struggle

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Just watched Under The Skin. If I'd known it was this good I would've watched it way sooner, but I let it slip because, no joke, I didn't like ScarJo's look in the trailer. Anyway, top 5 spot certified.

And although I haven't seen A Most Violent Year, JC Chandor is the biggest "close but no cigar" film maker. Margin Call, All Is Lost, everything I've heard and seen about this one, Chandor is a man who either lacks the vision or the talent (or both) to make his movies bigger than the sum of their parts. All his movies have the ingredients to be great, yet when you start watching one you immediately realize it's never going to reach that level because there's nothing unique about them.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Just watched Under The Skin. If I'd known it was this good I would've watched it way sooner, but I let it slip because, no joke, I didn't like ScarJo's look in the trailer. Anyway, top 5 spot certified.

And although I haven't seen A Most Violent Year, JC Chandor is the biggest "close but no cigar" film maker. Margin Call, All Is Lost, everything I've heard and seen about this one, Chandor is a man who either lacks the vision or the talent (or both) to make his movies bigger than the sum of their parts. All his movies have the ingredients to be great, yet when you start watching one you immediately realize it's never going to reach that level because there's nothing unique about them.
I have to say that is a very good assessment of Chandor, but A Most Violent Year is step above his past work in how he develops the plot. I won't spoil it here, but when you finish it, you will see growth from CHandor.

As for Under the Skin, I really haven't heard one criticism against this film that was valid. it really is one of the best films of this decade easily. I've watched it 3 times now and it gets better and better

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I have to say that is a very good assessment of Chandor, but A Most Violent Year is step above his past work in how he develops the plot. I won't spoil it here, but when you finish it, you will see growth from CHandor.

As for Under the Skin, I really haven't heard one criticism against this film that was valid. it really is one of the best films of this decade easily. I've watched it 3 times now and it gets better and better

If Chandor grows as a film maker he's gonna get real interesting.

The biggest compliment I can give to Under The Skin is that it feels Kubrickian, and not in the sense that it's some director paying homage to/ripping off Kubrick, but it actually feeling like it could've been directed by the master himself. First half is perfect cinema, second half lacks that extra punch but is still up there (to stay with Kubrick, think Full Metal Jacket). Add that it takes a lot from The Man Who Fell To Earth (which I should remind you all was in my Top 10 SciFi movies for a goddamn reason!) and yeah, I was completely sold on it. Not sure why I said Top 5 above because I think it's already creeped into my Top 3 just thinking about it for the past half hour.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
I tried watching about 30 minutes of Under The Skin. :beli:Still need to get around to finishing that one.
And I didn't mind Hobbit 3.:yeshrug:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

The biggest compliment I can give to Under The Skin is that it feels Kubrickian, and not in the sense that it's some director paying homage to/ripping off Kubrick, but it actually feeling like it could've been directed by the master himself. First half is perfect cinema, second half lacks that extra punch but is still up there (to stay with Kubrick, think Full Metal Jacket). Add that it takes a lot from The Man Who Fell To Earth (which I should remind you all was in my Top 10 SciFi movies for a goddamn reason!) and yeah, I was completely sold on it. Not sure why I said Top 5 above because I think it's already creeped into my Top 3 just thinking about it for the past half hour.

Yea the Man Who Fell From Earth is a great but vastly underappreciated gem; I didn't get the sense that it was Kubrickian; If you watch Sexy Beast and his other film Birth, you actually see him experimenting with the directing style that will fill up Under the Skin; its probably why Birth was so underappreciated. People didn't know what to do with Glazer at that point, but Under the Skin is clearly his zenith.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

i really don't know why people hated Under the skin so much

it got good scores from the critics, but the people really shyt on it in user reviews

dat music :banderas: