"Darkness, No Parents."-The Official Top 10 Movies and Top 5 Worst Movies of 2014 Voting ends 2/25

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I can get into the world and premise but thats because of the first movie (I finished that), every human in that movie fails at making decision on every level that most 12 year olds would make. I dislike Jason Clarke, he's like a mix between Brendan Gleeson and John C. Reily but with 0 charm and sense of humor.

I might watch the entire thing so I can shyt on all parts of the movie :patrice:

:deadpeter:

But for real, though, I didn't like him either for a while, but I thought he did great in this movie...He was Sam Worthington status for a min which is :flabbysickmcnabb:to me

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
There are some films that I'm probably going to miss, due to me not seeing them and refusing to watch dvd screeners. :yeshrug:So if Birdman's absent or shyt like that, that's why.

:russ: @ strax going in on the Ape's movie.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
There are some films that I'm probably going to miss, due to me not seeing them and refusing to watch dvd screeners. :yeshrug:So if Birdman's absent or shyt like that, that's why.

Its all good homie. That's why these are lists for what YOU saw and not what EVERYONE saw.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Don't forget he said he's going to finish it just to keep dumping on it

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

You best check your local listings for Birdman :ufdup:

Got a re release :ufdup:

Hey @MartyMcFly i have top 5 and dear white people on deck for this week

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It wasn't that good a movie though. The movie already had trouble keeping up with the first one (Jason Clarke definitely didn't help), but once Koba turns heel and the action begins, it falls off quite a bit and I still don't get how they can create a near perfect looking CGI ape, but the end fight in the burning radio tower looks like some PS3 cut scene.

Btw, @MartyMcFly Tell me about Dear White People being in your top 10. I don't recall you giving your opinion on the movie on here, and in fact it has become difficult to find positive opinions on that movie on here once the Coli militant brigade decided the movie was too light skinned for their liking.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
It wasn't that good a movie though. The movie already had trouble keeping up with the first one (Jason Clarke definitely didn't help), but once Koba turns heel and the action begins, it falls off quite a bit and I still don't get how they can create a near perfect looking CGI ape, but the end fight in the burning radio tower looks like some PS3 cut scene.

Btw, @MartyMcFly Tell me about Dear White People being in your top 10. I don't recall you giving your opinion on the movie on here, and in fact it has become difficult to find positive opinions on that movie on here once the Coli militant brigade decided the movie was too light skinned for their liking.
Ehh, Dear White People was decent but it wasn't the great movie everyone was anticipating based on the great trailer.

As for Top Five, it was between that and Lego Movie for that final spot, but Lego Movie was just so damn good

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I liked that it didn't give any easy answers and ended up being more about identity rather than "hey white people, you all suck" It bought up interesting points, some more obvious than others, but all valid. I liked the dialogue, thought it was written well and shot well. Funny, smart, and made me think so I couldn't complain. It wasn't perfect, and some characters could've been fleshed out more but overall, I think it got its point across about there is no "all black people think this way" and "all white people think this way" in the end, it's groups of people and those people inside their groups all have their own definition of what it means to be black or what it means to be white or what it means to be a gay black man or a black woman.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@TheGodling also liked that the main character was conflicted and had her own issues. The funny thing about it is I've heard three very different opinions in three days: one of my friends loved it and felt it was really tough on white people, a white host on a podcast I listen to felt it wasn't tough enough on white people, and another friend of mine felt like it didn't do enough to develop the white persons point of view

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I liked that it didn't give any easy answers and ended up being more about identity rather than "hey white people, you all suck" It bought up interesting points, some more obvious than others, but all valid. I liked the dialogue, thought it was written well and shot well. Funny, smart, and made me think so I couldn't complain. It wasn't perfect, and some characters could've been fleshed out more but overall, I think it got its point across about there is no "all black people think this way" and "all white people think this way" in the end, it's groups of people and those people inside their groups all have their own definition of what it means to be black or what it means to be white or what it means to be a gay black man or a black woman.

This is pretty much how I felt, in fact, to quote myself:

Finally got to see it today and I thought the movie was extremely well written but unfortunately lacking in the (technical) execution. It feels like a student film or a filmed stage play in the sense it just never hits into a groove or flow. The cinematography and editing is stiff, a problem only emphasized by the movie's lifeless soundtrack that uses songs as background noise and nothing more. It's dry, wry, and in dire need of a man with cinematic vision.

But as said, I thought as far as the writing went it was close to being perfect. It might've tried to take on more issues than it could handle but at least it served the point that it's simply a complex world that isn't as black and white as people, both white and black, like to pretend. But funny enough it mostly tries to teach black people that, because the only message the movie has for white people is that their obsession with black people is really fukked up.

The so-so direction stops me from putting it up there, but the writing was definitely among the best I've seen last year.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is pretty much how I felt, in fact, to quote myself:

The so-so direction stops me from putting it up there, but the writing was definitely among the best I've seen last year.

I think it has more for white people than just "stop being obsessed with them" It also says that black people are people too. Just because you think it's cool to stereotype them or think that because there's affirmative action or a black president that their struggle is over, doesn't mean it is

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think it has more for white people than just "stop being obsessed with them" It also says that black people are people too. Just because you think it's cool to stereotype them or think that because there's affirmative action or a black president that their struggle is over, doesn't mean it is

Well, that's probably where me being a foreigner comes in because I hear from pretty much everyone that the intensity of US race relations can't be compared to European race relations.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well, that's probably where me being a foreigner comes in because I hear from pretty much everyone that the intensity of US race relations can't be compared to European race relations.

You're probably 100% correct on that but as an American, and a black one, I can tell you that a lot of the behavior by whites in that movie is what I see or have seen very often and there are a lot of people who feel like we're entitled and that we abuse welfare and we abuse affirmative action and that we should be happy since the president is black..but at the same time when the president was nominated, there were a lot of white people screaming "we need to take our country back" but of course that was veiled under the guise of "no no we just mean take it back from the democratic party":sas2: