"Darkness, No Parents."-The Official Top 10 Movies and Top 5 Worst Movies of 2014 Voting ends 2/25

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was kidding, I think there's like four or five movies on there that are under strong consideration. Even then my list will probably be extremely obscure compared to others, but it is what it is.

And we won't know if Gosling's movie is bullshyt until we've seen it, breh. People hated Only God Forgives even though that was a top 3 movie of 2013. Not that I'm having high expectations or anything though, I'm a fan of Gosling the actor, Gosling the director has yet to prove himself to me.

:patrice: word? Okay breh if that's how you feel. Props for sticking to your guns

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is the only 2014 movie I stopped watching so I guess that goes in my #1 worst movie

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
2.Whiplash
3.Fox Catcher
4.John Wick
5.The Raid

Only doing 5 cause frankly I ain't watch too many 2014 movies this year. Older foreign films were big for me this year so that took up most of the time I'd use for some of these newer films.

I don't really watch shytty movies so I'll just go overrated ones

Guardians
Captain
Birdman

Decent flicks but nothing I'd rewatch or care to think about. On second thought I thought Interstellar was pretty sucky and was struggling to stay awake so that's probably the worst flick I've seen this year.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
my breh @MartyMcFly never does HM :dead:

Nah man I don't do that lol. I got my 10 and I got some that would be outside of it but I spend so much time thinking of the first 10, trying to figure out an order to those outside of the 10 is extra for me. Plus I guess the way my mind conceptualizes it is just give me the top 10 and nothing else matters. Not to say they aren't good films or even great films but for me, the only numbers that really matter are 1-10.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
OOOO I've been WAITING BREHS, WAITING.

Except I don't generally go and see bad movies, or critically bad movies. Only so much time, so much hours, so many minutes in a life where I'm not a fim critic to even entertain seeing movies that are panned on RT.
Either way I'll cook up my list here in a bit
Y68d2SC.png

edit: which will actually be tomorrow because tomorrow I am seeing A Most Violent Year

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
OOOO I've been WAITING BREHS, WAITING.

Except I don't generally go and see bad movies, or critically bad movies. Only so much time, so much hours, so many minutes in a life where I'm not a fim critic to even entertain seeing movies that are panned on RT.
Either way I'll cook up my list here in a bit
Y68d2SC.png

Which is why my worst list is just those 4. I couldn't do 5. Definitely couldn't do 10 if someone asked. I knew Annabelle would be bad but didn't think it'd be that bad. Didn't think transformers would bore the hell out of me definitely didn't think the hobbit would be that bad and barely laughed at a million ways to die in the west so that was a disappointment.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
where does that leave something like Predestination.. which all of us saw over thanksgiving but is a 2015 film?

word to the list above me

I'd count it as 2014. Generally I use the year the movie that's used on IMDb but in some cases the difference between its domestic (original) release and a worldwide release are so different it could go either way. Ida's another good example that hit the festival circuit in '13 but didn't go theatrical worldwide until '14.

:patrice: word? Okay breh if that's how you feel. Props for sticking to your guns

It's the most unconventional revenge movie of all time, and that's pretty much the reason it throws people off. A victim that doesn't deserve to be avenged, the killer who's the most morally 'right' character and the 'hero' who doesn't want to be involved. It's the exact opposite of a revenge fantasy and that's a big part of why people hate it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'd count it as 2014. Generally I use the year the movie that's used on IMDb but in some cases the difference between its domestic (original) release and a worldwide release are so different it could go either way. Ida's another good example that hit the festival circuit in '13 but didn't go theatrical worldwide until '14.

It's the most unconventional revenge movie of all time, and that's pretty much the reason it throws people off. A victim that doesn't deserve to be avenged, the killer who's the most morally 'right' character and the 'hero' who doesn't want to be involved. It's the exact opposite of a revenge fantasy and that's a big part of why people hate it.

I just don't like it cause I think it's a bad movie. Nothing about it being unconventional. But like I said props to sticking to your guns breh

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Why'd you stop breh
Let the fukkery begin :blessed:

Breh must have seen it on an airplane

:russ:On a one hour flight

I can get into the world and premise but thats because of the first movie (I finished that), every human in that movie fails at making decision on every level that most 12 year olds would make. I dislike Jason Clarke, he's like a mix between Brendan Gleeson and John C. Reily but with 0 charm and sense of humor.

I might watch the entire thing so I can shyt on all parts of the movie :patrice: