''Dark Skinned Activist'' Calls Kendrick Lamar a ‘Fake Conscious C00n'

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Here comes Mr. "I'm only an activist online" to tear niqqas down and shyt.

I was here last week.

Conversations in Black Freedom Studies - Race and the Criminal Justice System: Political Prisoners, Resistance, and Mass Incarceration Part II

I was there alongside folks who actually work as legal aid lawyers, corrections, mental health...on the front lines of helping people. Why would you find fault in doing so and me having EXPECTATIONS of young black men to lead and be there? :mindblown:
Don't do that man. I didn't tear you down in the least. I even gave you props the last time that I saw you mention this. I've just asked you specific questions since you're the one trying to tear people down on some "y'all just good for bytching online" shyt. You don't know what people here are actually doing offline. That's just your way of discrediting folk that you apparently don't agree with. It's a deflection. Going to rallies/forums is cool and all but don't act like that makes you better than anyone here. It doesn't.

You didn't answer any of my questions. I asked for things that you all have accomplished and what solutions that you all have come up with. How are the legal aid lawyers that you sat and talked with working to change the legal system? How are the corrections officers that you sat with working to change the system? If you all haven't accomplished anything and haven't come up with any solutions then why is your chest all puffed out about attending these rallies?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Don't do that man. I didn't tear you down in the least. I even gave you props the last time that I saw you mention this. I've just asked you specific questions since you're the one trying to tear people down on some "y'all just good for bytching online" shyt. You don't know what people here are actually doing offline. That's just your way of discrediting folk that you apparently don't agree with. It's a deflection. Going to rallies/forums is cool and all but don't act like that makes you better than anyone here. It doesn't.

You didn't answer any of my questions. I asked for things that you all have accomplished and what solutions that you all have come up with. How are the legal aid lawyers that you sat and talked with working to change the legal system? How are the corrections officers that you sat with working to change the system? If you all haven't accomplished anything and haven't come up with any solutions then why is your chest all puffed out about attending these rallies?
This isn't abuot me.

Listen...the hardest thing to listen to was an old black man in his 70's get up and talk about these shootings saying that he feels its getting WORSE now than in his time because they have no USE for us in this country. Dude opened up his jacket and swung it around saying "there was a time where we had purpose here where we were the ones making these jackets. now they're getting someone in India to do it for $32 a month. They have no USE for you here anymore young men!!"

And to sit there and see hardly any young men to be found was depressing as fukk.

For me...ginig there was more map based where you have a better grasp of what's going on with the system and how to respond to it.

I'm honestly tired of going to these events and seeing mostly black women, white liberal college kids and some old time Panthers.

Where are young black men at besides bytching online?

Gravity

Banned
Daps
This isn't abuot me.

Listen...the hardest thing to listen to was an old black man in his 70's get up and talk about these shootings saying that he feels its getting WORSE now than in his time because they have no USE for us in this country. Dude opened up his jacket and swung it around saying "there was a time where we had purpose here where we were the ones making these jackets. now they're getting someone in India to do it for $32 a month. They have no USE for you here anymore young men!!"

And to sit there and see hardly any young men to be found was depressing as fukk.

For me...ginig there was more map based where you have a better grasp of what's going on with the system and how to respond to it.

I'm honestly tired of going to these events and seeing mostly black women, white liberal college kids and some old time Panthers.

Where are young black men at besides bytching online?
I didn't say that it was about you.

If people who do attend these rallies aren't actually doing anything except talking or "bytching", then why are you worried about the people who aren't there?

You act as if these issues are new. We've been marching, praying, having rallies, ect, for decades and nothing has changed.

I don't even get your point here. So because you don't see young black men at your local community rallies/forums, you're offended by seeing black men speak out against white supremacy online?

NYC Rebel

Daps
I didn't say that it was about you.

If people who do attend these rallies aren't actually doing anything except talking or "bytching", then why are you worried about the people who aren't there?

You act as if these issues are new. We've been marching, praying, having rallies, ect, for decades and nothing has changed.

I don't even get your point here. So because you don't see young black men at your local community rallies/forums, you're offended by seeing black men speak out against white supremacy online?
What issue? My issue is of them not being there. What issue are you talking about?

Gravity

Banned
Daps
What issue? My issue is of them not being there. What issue are you talking about?
You seem to have an issue with people here who speak out against white supremacy and those who perpetuate it. I'm asking if that's all on the strength of you not seeing black men at your local forums? To me that's nonsensical.

NYC Rebel

Daps
You seem to have an issue with people here who speak out against white supremacy and those who perpetuate it. I'm asking if that's all on the strength of you not seeing black men at your local forums? To me that's nonsensical.
Nah...your "you seem" is completely off and full of your own self made conjecture.

I seem to want to be out there to help when I log off the comp and have expectations of young black men to carry the torch.

You seem to have a problem with expectations, morphing the want to it into something nefarious. You must not be used to having someone place expectations on you to twist things in the manner that you do.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Nah...your "you seem" is completely off and full of your own self made conjecture.

I seem to want to be out there to help when I log off the comp and have expectations of young black men to carry the torch.

You seem to have a problem with expectations, morphing the want to it into something nefarious. You must not be used to having someone place expectations on you to twist things in the manner that you do.
:scusthov: at throwing passive aggressive rocks then hiding your hands.
Most of you cats are only good for bytching online or citing the armchair wisdom of Tariq.
Now that's^^ what my comments are based on. What made you pull that baseless broad generalization out of your ass?

NYC Rebel

Daps
:scusthov: at throwing passive aggressive rocks then hiding your hands.
Now that's^^ what my comments are based on. What made you pull that baseless broad generalization out of your ass?
the only activity I see where cats are active is online.

So many armchair twitter, coli and FB black male activists that I rarely see when its time for their feet to hit the ground. I WANT them there.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
the only activity I see where cats are active is online.

So many armchair twitter, coli and FB black male activists that I rarely see when its time for their feet to hit the ground. I WANT them there.
Sitting at some rally/forum talking doesn't equate to "feet hitting the ground" bruh. You're riding around here on some high horse judging others yet when asked to list things that you've accomplished you say it's not about you.

Who here claims to be an "activist"? People are just voicing their thoughts and opinions on social issues. That's what the board is for right? Passive aggressive dismissive terms like "armchair Internet activist" and "coli/internet militant" are used to discredit posters who speak out against white supremacy and those who perpetuate/maintain it. You can deny it, but it's obvious with your negative broad generalizations and assumptions. Just come out and say what you disagree with bruh. No need to be scared.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Have you listened to Complexion? He did make a reference to loving your dark skin, and even references his girl Whitney in the song saying a woman's complexion don't matter cause we're all women at the end of the day.

I seriously find this laughable because his girl Whitney's father is actually the same color as Kendrick. What's the big deal? He's never really denigrated dark skin women, but at the same time, he don't owe nobody shyt. I'm more troubled him by playing the fence on black issues.

Agreed. I don't care about his girlfriend, but I did side eye on being conscious when he made those comments amounting to black respectability. THAT would have been the better reason to question him.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These the same c00ns that talk that shyt but was going in on usher wife talking about she was black and ugly.

Man these folks full of shyt. They down for black love until their favorite entertainer marries the black person they don't like or they don't think they should be with.

Like I said usher is a straight up example of these folks hipocracy.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agreed. I don't care about his girlfriend, but I did side eye on being conscious when he made those comments amounting to black respectability. THAT would have been the better reason to question him.

Exactly he needs to be called out on the comments. But some of these internet writers got issues. I wonder do these jokers hate they light skin momma or light skin sister or light skin auntie or light skin grandma.

It is like these jokers mad at the world that someone got that light skin except them. Second of all don't these people know thay folks like Kendrick complexion exist with light skin mommas.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Look man colors struck Kat's exist but every dude who dates some light skin sista isn't colors struck. Damn so now light skins sistas can't get married now.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Exactly he needs to be called out on the comments. But some of these internet writers got issues. I wonder do these jokers hate they light skin momma or light skin sister or light skin auntie or light skin grandma.

It is like these jokers mad at the world that someone got that light skin except them. Second of all don't these people know thay folks like Kendrick complexion exist with light skin mommas.

Yes, some people have very deep issues or their self-esteem is wrapped up in the wrong place. It is a-okay to discuss issues of colorism, sexism, or any other type of ism (they need to be discussed), but in an educated and productive way.

We also must remember that this woman does not speak for all black/dark women. Most people have found her comments idiotic.