Dark Brandon got the streets going crazy. MAGA LOST :mjlol:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Is it just me or are overwhelming majority of political discussion on reddit surprisingly anti trump and anti MAGA

Whenever I come accross politics on reddit, the comments are usually non MAGA-ish and sensible.

I know there are sub reddits on there dedicated to MAGA and racist filths but with Reddit bad rep, I expected to be bombarded with pro trump users and messages and that's not the case. compare it to citydata forum where most of the messages there are pro MAGA and racist as hell.

At first it seemed like I was tripping cause I was absorbed by online comment sections turning more and more racist. This was when Trump began his campaign.

I ended up leaving everything behind one day and fleeing Ohio.

I could just feel something in the air.

But lately I been noticing online comments sections taking a turn and seeing lots of pushback when MAGAts pop up.

I think we are seeing the pulse of the nations as expressed thru online comments and right now I feel like a shift is occuring for the good.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
At first it seemed like I was tripping cause I was absorbed by online comment sections turning more and more racist. This was when Trump began his campaign.

But lately I been noticing online comments sections taking a turn and seeing lots of pushback when MAGAts pop up.

I think we are seeing the pulse of the nations as expressed thru online comments and right now I feel like a shift is occuring for the good.
I wouldn't be that optimistic

I feel it probably has more to do with the demographic of reddit users (the younger and educated crowd ) and content moderation being better after the heavy criticism the cite has come under

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I wouldn't be that optimistic

I feel it probably has more to do with the demographic of reddit users (the younger and educated crowd ) and content moderation being better after the heavy criticism the cite has come under

I don't even use Reddit, so not them in particular

The first places I remember being shocked by their turn to KKKism was stuff like Comic Book Resources and IMDB... both of which got rid of their message boards altogether.

Lately it's comments on news articles and stuff like that where people post anonymously.

Daps
Hope the Infrastructure projects get started soon. Everything needs a major overhaul

They've already started. I drove cross country a couple weeks back, and I got stuck in traffic in like 3 different states cause of all the work on the roads and bridges. Workers were out there day and night.

Had me :dahell: when I was coming through some places at like 2 and 3 AM and the workers was still out there. There's a LOT of work being done, I saw it with my own eyes.

Daps

Another thing y'all gotta remember is that a lot of the comments was coming from Russian troll farms. Russia is otherwise occupied, so they ain't got the funds to keep the trolls on payroll no more. Gotta love it. :banderas:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right wing folks, despite being extremely loud, are a minority on reddit and always has been. Reddit also leans much younger and more educated than City Data. There's a racism problem on Reddit no denying that. But compared to other sites, it's not that bad.

City Data is MAD racist. OD racist. I don’t recall it being that way before but it definitely is now :mjpls:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ: :russ:

Yall thought you had a surefire talking point with inflation and gas. We warned yall that simple economic science makes yall look like GOP talking point carrying robots and idiots right now. Yall called us "DNC shills" who can't face the truth. Now it's blowing up in your face.

Yall pushed the bullshyt, soon as the man walked in the Oval Office, eager to suck Trumps dikk and root for the downfall of Democrats and liberals. Yall LOVE being on the wrong side of history just so you can say "I aInT nO DeMoCrAt!!!" Eat shyt wit @Wiles and the rest of your angry "fukk Biden" buddies.

Again, maybe social science, government and politics ain't your thing after all. Run off kiddo and quit embarrassing yourself. Grown folks got this.

Imagine being a Republican when it’s hot as the devil’s armpit outside and these cacs still denying climate change :dead: You don’t even have to get into the other shyt. That alone is a massive no go.