Danny Ainge Ain't Walking Through That Door - 2021-22 Boston Celtics season thread

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Fournier isn't perfect but as a 6th man he's fine as long as the contract is reasonable, and like @Russ said, if he walks we don't have the cap space to bring in anyone better or on his level to take his spot.

Also I'm not completely against trading Time Lord while his value is high, but if you do who's playing center for this team? Cause for damn sure I want no parts of a center rotation that looked anything like it did in the playoffs when Time Lord was out.

get ready for jabari Parker at the 5

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m satisfied with the trade :yeshrug:

Kemba’s a good guy but can’t stay healthy, wasn’t reliable in big games and wasn’t the ideal fit next to the Jays.

I’m guessing Horford & Brown coming in means that TT will be traded. I would assume that Brown is just insurance for Time Lord in case he gets hurt again or extension talks don’t go well.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
I’m satisfied with the trade :yeshrug:

Kemba’s a good guy but can’t stay healthy, wasn’t reliable in big games and wasn’t the ideal fit next to the Jays.

I’m guessing Horford & Brown coming in means that TT will be traded. I would assume that Brown is just insurance for Time Lord in case he gets hurt again or extension talks don’t go well.

Same here. We saved $32 million with the swap and basically drafted Moses Brown with the 16th overall pick which will be plan B to Timelord. We will have control of Brown for 4 years at $6.8 Million Total.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
New piece from the Athletic about what happened this season

An inside look at the factors that led to the inevitable break up between Kemba Walker and the Celtics

Cliffs
- Hayward told Stevens before he left that he needed to have a stronger voice in the locker room if they wanted to win
- Stevens & Kemba clashed this season, he felt Stevens went harder on him than other players, especially because of his defensive mistakes
- Kemba wanted out, felt he wasn’t in long term plans and was pissed that fans booed the team when they played bad
- Kemba was loved by his teammates but his voice in the locker room was undercut by him struggling to match his talk on the court
- Writer questions whether trading players Tatum is close with will impact how he views the team
- Smart & Horford were the backbone of the team’s defensive identity and with Horford gone, players started to tune Smart out. Smart & Brown got into it during the playoffs last season
- Players felt Stevens showed favoritism to Smart and didn’t hold him accountable
- Multiple players wanted a new coach
- Some felt that the players not caring about Kyrie stomping the logo showed that they don’t have pride for the organization that former players had
- Blake Griffin was interested in coming to the Celtics but a player on the team told him not to come because it was too dysfunctional
- Players want the new coach to be a Black former player and Stevens appears to be listening with Chauncey Billups, Darvin Ham & Ime Udoka all getting second interviews
- Trading Kemba was also a financial move to help re-sign Fournier & Time Lord
- Time Lord may need to be on load management this season due to injury concerns
- Writer expects Smart to be the PG this season
- Celtics not only need to make roster moves, they need to rebuild their culture

Keep in mind this is all alleged so take it for what it’s worth

Last edited: