Dan Stapleton, executive editor at IGN, makes up reason for why Black game journalists aren't hired

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
BG3 Act 3 is proof to me that reviewers don't finish games before they publish a review. I wouldn't be shocked if they've only played Act 1. I can't recall many of the reviews talking about Act . I am still on Act 2, but from many people I spoke with I heard it's incomplete. Plus, they're still trying to add stuff to act 3 because it was incomplete .
IGN mentioned the bugs in their review

It does need to be called out for some mild to moderate bugs here and there – nothing that stopped me in my tracks, of course, but enough to be annoying. There were also performance issues in Act 3 that required me to turn my settings down, even with an RTX 3080. But we’ve already seen many of the worst offenders addressed with the four hotfixes that’ve come out since launch, and what remains feels almost trivial next to the greatness of everything else. A game this complex will always have its share of bugs, especially at launch, and what I experienced was a more than acceptable tradeoff.

and still gave it a 10/10 because it's an amazing game, despite some bugs

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
IGN mentioned the bugs in their review

and still gave it a 10/10 because it's an amazing game, despite some bugs

Sounds like Starfield is just not an amazing game. I’m not sure why BG3 is being brought up :yeshrug:

This 7 might go down in the history books

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Sounds like Starfield is just not an amazing game. I’m not sure why BG3 is being brought up :yeshrug:

This 7 might go down in the history books
I was talking about Prey and BG3, since this dude gave Prey a 4/10 because of a bug

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
For real, though. Trying to hide your issues with someone not reviewing a game that you like highly enough behind racism is fukking nasty work.

Could've sworn policy 'round these parts was to ignore reviews and metacritic, and just play whatever you like.
It's no wonder you Sony Stans lost the ABK court case if you all are this dense.

You can call it nasty work but it's admissible evidence - he has a track record of being disingenuous, this included.

Giving Prey a 4 when a patch was available in time of his review.

Telegraphing his review of Starfield saying there *will* be anger and backlash for xbox's bethesda acquisition, specifically of Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6. Many anti-xbox tweets.

His poor excuse for a lack of diversity under his employ.

They're all instances of this man being unprofessional, biased and plain full of shyt.

Last edited:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
It's no wonder you Sony Stans lost the ABK court case if you all are this dense.

You can call it nasty work but it's admissible evidence - he has a track record of being disingenuous, this included.

Giving Prey a 4 when a patch was available in time of his review.

Telegraphing his review of Starfield saying there *will* be anger and backlash for xbox's bethesda acquisition, specifically of Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6. Many anti-xbox tweets.

His poor excuse for a lack of diversity under his employ.

They're all instances of this man being unprofessional, biased and plain full of shyt.

What was wrong with his tweet and how did you interpret it as racist?