Dan Stapleton, executive editor at IGN, makes up reason for why Black game journalists aren't hired

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Breh in my first year of college a professor straight up stood in front of the class and said they (media companies) don't want minorities in the offices. They're comfortable in their racism and don't want you around.
At least he was honest.

I don't doubt it. If I could re-do college I would not do PR/Media. The classes alone were bad enough w/ the :mjpls:shyt and I was always treated like an outsider in our program because I was far better at the work than them and they knew it.
And the worst part was the only black professor in the program was the worst of all. I was relieved to finally see what I thought would be an ally but this c00n stayed on my shyt and tried to embarrass me multiple times in public to the point where even some of the other students in our program were like :picard:.

Once I got into the job market tho I realized real quick that shyt was mostly for whites, asians, white passing hispanics and brehs that were willing to tap dance and placate. I bled every connect I had but couldnt get a look.
They'll let the odd black woman in there as a double diversity hire but I know so many black women that could not deal w/ the politics and bounced. I begged my homegirl to get me a job at the firm she worked at and she broke down in tears telling me how bad that shyt was. How her biggest dream became her worst nightmare. The tonedeaf racist shyt she had to confront everyday in pitches and shyt like that. She quit and chose to teach middle school and make like 50% less. That's how I knew that shyt really wasnt for us, at least if you're gonna try to do it through the industry.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't doubt it. If I could re-do college I would not do PR/Media. The classes alone were bad enough w/ the :mjpls:shyt and I was always treated like an outsider in our program because I was far better at the work than them and they knew it.
And the worst part was the only black professor in the program was the worst of all. I was relieved to finally see what I thought would be an ally but this c00n stayed on my shyt and tried to embarrass me multiple times in public to the point where even some of the other students in our program were like :picard:.

Once I got into the job market tho I realized real quick that shyt was mostly for whites, asians, white passing hispanics and brehs that were willing to tap dance and placate. I bled every connect I had but couldnt get a look.
They'll let the odd black woman in there as a double diversity hire but I know so many black women that could not deal w/ the politics and bounced. I begged my homegirl to get me a job at the firm she worked at and she broke down in tears telling me how bad that shyt was. How her biggest dream became her worst nightmare. The tonedeaf racist shyt she had to confront everyday in pitches and shyt like that. She quit and chose to teach middle school and make like 50% less. That's how I knew that shyt really wasnt for us, at least if you're gonna try to do it through the industry.
My ex worked in the field for years. She was always more socially skilled/cooperative than i am and would get upset if i talked racism with her. Years later even she couldn't handle it. Started doing artistic work instead. shyt you got to be different. It's requires a certain skill and disposition to navigate that life.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Know someone who used to work at IGN.....Bunch of current and former employees made racist jokes all the time on podcasts/and off also a bunch of sexual abuse shyt that was covered up

IGN BEEN needed to be exposed
Got any names?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
What’re some good black-owned video game review channels, blogs, etc?

PlayerEssence

grinds heavy. Very opinionated, and makes sure that his facts are in check, and heavy on the Nintendo side, but still speaks for games in general, and covers a ALL the news.

He isn't the kind of dude to change his stance/narrative just because people don't like it.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Got any names?

Greg Miller,(one of the worst) Brian Alt@no, M@x scoville, k@llie plagge (another one of the worst) this list could go on and on

a few who aren't racist
Colin Mori2rty, Megh@n Sullivan, Justin Me@der, N@omi Kyle, M@rty Silva

oh and there was some weird sex cult/orgy shyt going on that al@nah pe@rce chick is a super freak

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Greg Miller,(one of the worst) Brian Alt@no, M@x scoville, k@llie plagge (another one of the worst) this list could go on and on

a few who aren't racist
Colin Mori2rty, Megh@n Sullivan, Justin Me@der, N@omi Kyle, M@rty Silva

oh and there was some weird sex cult/orgy shyt going on that al@nah pe@rce chick is a super freak
:patrice:honestly, didn't expect these names.